☙ | e i g h t e e n |

"Wake up, Harry, my love!" A cheery voice pulls me out of my sleep, causing me to groan at the sudden pounding that appeared in my head.

The sun was too bright, even when I had my eyes closed, and the annoying feeling of someone ripping off my blankets added to the irritation I was already feeling.

"Shut up, Anna." I groan, reaching around for another pillow, grabbing it, and plopping it down on my face.

"Harry, sweetheart, I know last night was a long one, but you have to get up." The voice says, only now I recognize it as Charlotte's. Who did I mistake her for a while ago? Nevermind, it doesn't matter anyway and I sure as hell wasn't going to try and figure it out with this hangover.

"Don't even remember last night." I mumble to myself. Honestly, I remember following that slave's suggestion on flowers. I remember kissing up to Charlotte and telling her I didn't sleep with anyone at all - which is a complete lie of course, but my father would have had me hung if I destroyed the arrangement just for a quick fuck. I remember drinking gallons of wine in celebration too.

But then it's all just this messed up blur in my head.

"Harry, wake up please? For me?" I feel Charlotte shaking me and it just worsens the dizzying feeling I was already nursing.

Suddenly I feel something rising up my throat, leaving me no choice but to bolt out of my bed, heading for the toilet, but of course I don't make it and end up vomiting all over the floor.

The acidic substance burns my throat, even after I had stopped, leaving me heaving and wobbling as I tried to remain upright and not to fall onto my own puke.

"That is just...very disgusting, Harry." Charlotte's voice rings through the room and I literally had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't shout at her to leave and ruin everything I worked for last night.

"I'm aware." I mutter, before slowly making my way over to the door. My head was killing me with its constant pounding, and the room felt like it was continuously spinning, but I wasn't in the mood to have vomit all over my floor so I had to get someone to clean it up.

"Where are you going, love?" Charlie speaks up again and this time I wasn't as successful in sounding polite.

"To find someone to clean that up and some water." I bite, my tone harsher than I wanted it to be. Fortunately, Charlotte doesn't seem to mind as she speaks up again just as I was about to open the door.

"No need, Harry. I already called for someone to bring us breakfast here. I was thinking we could both have breakfast in bed together." I could practically hear her smiling by now. "I'm sure the servant has water with them, and you can just ask them to clean that up when they get here. So come and sit with me."

I couldn't help it. I was tired, hungover, and very annoyed at this point so I shouted. "You don't understand, you little -" thankfully a knock cuts off my yells, and something that I was sure to regret later.

I harshly yank the door open, seeing a rather shocked girl in front of me, a tray in both of her hands. A guard was behind her, probably the one who knocked seeing as the girl couldn't have.

"Took you long enough." I grunted, grabbing the glass of water from the tray and chugging it down.

"You're welcome." The servant replies, causing my eyes to snap towards her again. My tired brain finally recognizing the tall figure with black hair and blue eyes.

God, why did it have to be her? Of all the slaves, I really did not need a smart mouth this morning. Any other day, sure I'd love to annoy her. But not today, or not now at least.