☙ t h i r t y - t w o

You guys dint get to 30 votes just 25 but I was like "close enough"

*Dramatically sighs because I still haven't met Harry irl*

The moment their bodies had exited the room I immediately run towards Zayn. My hands are on his shoulders, shaking him to get his attention but his eyes are dazed as they stare at the wall behind me. "Zayn? Zayn?" My breathing was heavy as I tried to get him back into reality.

He looks different now without his hair and his gained a bit more muscle but what I can't seem to wrap my head around is that he's here - several towns up the mountain - alive.

"Please, Zayn, snap out of it." I beg, slapping his cheeks lighly.

His eyes slowly begin to focus, before they move to me. For a few seconds he stood there, not saying anything, until his eyes widen and his hands suddenly grab me to pull me into a hug. "Anna!" He shouts, and relief flooded through me as I wrapped my hands around him too.

"I thought you were dead." Zayn whispers, his heart wild under his chest and I felt it through his shirt.

"I thought you were too." I say, pulling back to look him in the eye. "What happened? I heard they slaughtered everyone. Is it true? What about Christian? Lea? My mother?" I question him, panic arising in my entire body.

His eyes sadden at my question, but there was something else behind his expression. I couldn't tell what it was, really. "They're gone, Anna." He says and the news caused all the breath in my body to leave as my skin suddenly went cold. I shook my head, taking a step back as if denying it would bring my family back.

My eyes were wide as I continued backing up until I hit a desk, causing a few metal objects to fall off of it. "No. No, they're alive. They have to be!" My voice starts to raise at the last bit.

Zayn sees the panic arising and he quickly brings his hands up to hold me by my arms. "Anna, they're gone." He says slowly as if trying to get me to accept it. "I saw them, okay? I had just killed the man attacking me and turned around to look for you or anyone that I knew, but instead I saw Christian's head get chopped off by a knight." He says. "Lea ran out to Christian's body, but of course a small girl like her couldn't make it in a battle..." He trailed off and I stood there staring at him as he told me he would drag me to hell himself.

"How did you get out?" I manage to mumble. Maybe Christian got out the same way Zayn did, maybe Zayn just thought that what he saw were my brother and sister but maybe they were just a couple of strangers.

"They took me captive, I escaped them when we reached this town - had to change how I looked to stay out of their sight." He says, before bringing me back into a hug. "I'm so sorry, Anna. You know I would have saved them if I could have." He says.

I nod against his chest, not to respond to his words, it was only an automatic response. I felt dead, really. I felt like someone had literally ripped my heart out of my chest and left my body in the cold.

I hear someone's feet against the ground, the only other sound that disturbed the room before a voice speaks up. "Five minutes are done." The voice says.

I didn't even have the energy to identify who it was. I felt a hand tug me away from Zayn, but I helplessly clung onto his sleeve. "Come with us." I tell Zayn, knowing all to well that it wouldn't be up to me.

I'm pulled into somebody's chest as arms held me from behind, but I didn't let go of Zayn's sleeve, causing me to stumble over his own feet as he was pulled with me.

"Damn it, Anna, let him go. He is not going with us." I hear the voice say just by my ear but I stubbornly shook my head, not saying another word.

"Anna, let me go." Zayn says, his eyes pleading with me, but I shook my head again. There was something weird about him - in all honesty, he seemed more guilty than he was sad.