☙ s i x t e e n

"You actually ate his food?" Liam asks in shock as he placed the gauze over the cut. I got lost on my way back from the prince's room and got my arm caught by a displayed suit of armor in one of the halls.

"Well, I was hungry, bleeding, and annoyed, what was I supposed to do?" I said to him as he finally steps back from me and I jump down from the marble counter. I watched Liam as he washed the blood out of the cloth in the sink next to us.

"I don't know, but at the very least you should have saved me some as well. I was hungry and annoyed too, you know?" He says.

"But you weren't bleeding." I pointed out, a smile making its way to my lips again.

"Oh ha ha, very funny." He says, and I just know he rolled his eyes at me.

It was finally night time, my first day being a slave finally coming to an end.

The kitchen was empty except for the two of us, and with how big the whole room is, I felt like we were in our own world.

That is, until a certain someone literally fell through the doors.

A small scream escaped me just as Liam turns and swears in panic, but the body that barged in was now hidden behind the many tables.

Liam and I share a look, mine of utter confusion and his was annoyance. You'd think after all those times these rude people had slid in, he'd get used to it.

The sound of someone groaning and swearing comes from the person that just fell, I couldn't help the way my ears perked up at the sound. I've heard it one too many times already. "Christ," I swore as I move around the tables.

Just as expected I'm met with Harry's form on the ground, hopelessly trying to get himself up, but he keeps slipping somehow and just falls back onto his front with a groan.

"What's wrong with you now?" I ask, arms crossing over my chest as I did nothing but stare at him.

I couldn't deny the fact that it was amusing trying to see him get up.

"Nothing." He hiccups before continuing his slurred words. "Nothing at all."

I glance over at Liam who hasn't stepped away from the sink. He quickly mouths "kick him" at me and I stared at him like he grew a second head.

I shake my head before leaning down and grabbing the prince's arm, sure that he'd ask for this shirt to be burnt after I touch it. I pulled, only managing to pull him a little off the floor, but he's too heavy and just slumps back down.

A series of un-understandable mumbles come out of his lips and I furrow my eyebrows. "What?" I snapped.

"The cold's floor." he mumbles, his slurring still makes it hard to understand, but even when I did decipher the words, it didn't make sense.

"Think he meant the floor's cold." Liam speaks up from where he stood. I shot him a look that made him raise up his hands in surrender. "Just trying to help." He says.

I rolled my eyes before glancing back down at the drunken Harry. "Then get up." I say.

"No, lay down with me." He says back, but in contrast to his words, he tries to stand up again.

I sighed, grabbing one of his arms again to help him.

This man was huge. Incredibly tall, and just by his one arm, I could tell he was built. So saying it was hard pulling him up was an understatement, but by some miracle, I got him on his feet.

He wobbles, holding his head with one hand as he leans against a table and uses the other for extra support.

"I take it the flowers didn't work?" I say, crossing my arms back. I was certain that if the flowers didn't work, I'd be beheaded before the sun even rises tomorrow morning.

"Hm?" He says, his eyes closed and he sways on his spot.

"He's like a disoriented giant in his state right now." Liam says, catching my attention again. I look over Harry's shoulder to find Liam mouthing "kick him" again and I rolled my eyes once more.

"What? Who said that?" Harry's eyes snap open, bloodshot like I expected, and turns around fast.

He wobbles, and starts to fall down until I pull him back. "Easy there, tiger."

He starts mumbling, eyes closed again. "' 'm not a tiger. I'm a prince." He slurs and then opens his eyes once more.

When he sees me a lopsided grin forms on his lips and he starts shouting and waving his arms everywhere. "You're the girl that told me to give Charlie flowers!" He shouts.

I flinch at his loud volume, and I see Liam do the same. "Um yeah, that's me. So it worked on he-"

"Anna!" He shouts in my face.

I glared at him, not amused at all. "Don't call me that."

"Anna!" He shouts again, this time flinging his arms to go around me and squishing his cheek against my shoulder.

"Get off!" I said, trying to get away and not fall over with his weight pulling me down.

"Charlotte liked the flowers! You're so smart! Very very smart!" He was still shouting.

"Harry get off -"

"No!" He screams and his hold tightens causing my breathing to be a little bit more shallow. "You're warm!" He says, still loudly before it becomes a low hum. "So so warm."

Next thing I know we're both on the ground his dead weight on my body and quiet snores already leaving his parted mouth.

"Annalyn!" Liam shouts just as I mumble a short "you've gotta be kidding."

Liam appears over us, him looking huge while I lied down under prince of the drunks. "You okay?" He asks as he not-so-gently heaves Harry off of me.

I shake my head as a reply but manage to say thanks anyway.

"No problem. What was he saying about flowers?" He asks, his eyes locked on Harry as if worried he'd wake up again.

"Told you, I gave him advice on how to reconcile with an angry, gossip-fueled woman." I shrug.

He helps me stand up by lending a hand, and I take it, pulling myself up to my feet.

"Guess it worked." He says, still staring at Harry.

"Guess it did." I said, doing the same and watch as the prince's chest slowly moves up and down.

"We better go before we get accused of drugging the prince." I say after a while and make my way towards the doors to leave.

"What? We leave him here?" Liam asks, tearing his eyes from Harry to look at me with a confused expression.

"Well, either that or risk getting caught dragging an unconscious prince and get beheaded on false accusations." I shrug.

Liam nods but his head turns back to the prince. "Alright, hold on." He says before walking towards the prince.

Before I knew what he was doing, he brings his foot to Harry's abdomen. A whimper escaped the prince's mouth as he curls into a ball on the floor, face twisted in pain but he doesn't wake up.

"Bastard." Is all Liam says before he walks past me and out of the kitchen.

I didn't want to lose sight of him and get left behind to find my own way towards the servants' rooms, so with one last glance at Harry on the floor, I leave the kitchen too.

Like only one person answered my question so I'm just going to go with what she said. Shorter chapters (just around as long as this chapter) but more frequent updates.

Was this okay? I personally like drunken cutie harry bc I just do okay.

I'm also throwing my update schedule out I'll update when I feel like it.

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. ✨