☙ | f i f t y - f o u r |

Not gonna sugarcoat this but I'm actually running out of motivation for this story which is explains the slow updates and this short chapter.

________________

It was probably the worst time for my bladder to want and explode, but nature's call was too loud and I definitely could not hold it in any longer.

"Niall, go search that part of the woods or something." I say, trying my best to hide the fact that I needed to pee.

"Sir, that just leads back to the main road. I don't think they'll be the- "

"I said go check!" I snap at him, trying to nonchalantly cross my legs in an attempt to stall the inevitable.

He gives me a weird look before shrugging and moving towards the place I pointed at.

I held my breath until I could no longer see him, before turning around to face a tree and lowering my pants and underwear down to me knees. I sighed in relief when I was finally able to empty myself, but it was short lived when I feel something drop on my shoulder.

When I turn my head to the side, I practically felt my heart launch out of my chest at the sight of the green snake slithering on me.

I scream, my hand immediately trying to flick it away as I moved my shoulder around frantically to make it fall off. I feel my pants fall lower on my legs, ending up on my ankles.

I try to bend down and pull then back up, my other hand still shooing at the snake who refused to move. I didn't notice that I was still screaming until I stumble over my own feet, causing my shouting to stop as a yelp forces its way out of my mouth.

My bare ass hits the forest floor and I shudder at the feeling. My breathing was heavy as I turn my head to check my shoulder, relieved to see the small snake already moving away from me.

I lay there, wondering how in the world did my life come to the point where I'd be lying on the cold soil with my limp dick exposed to the earth.

With a sigh, I start to get up, my eyes locked on the snake as it slithered around, making sure it had no plans in coming back towards me.

I bend down to grab my pants from my ankles, only to still when I notice another small snake near it. I froze, hoping to god I could make a run for it before more of it would appear.

My eyes remain on the pair as I buckled my belt properly, silently relieved no one saw my little episode.

I noticed the second snake wasn't moving at all, and I took the risk of moving a bit closer, drawing my sword just in case.

The closer I got the more I realized the second snake wasn't even alive. It's head was snapped in half, body limp on the ground.

"She was here." I mutter to myself, heart accelerating again. Anna was here - somehow I'm sure of it. She must have snuck a knife from the kitchen or a sword from a guard maybe. Somehow I'm just sure this dead snake was her doing - either that or some other animal came here and did this, which was unlikely.

I've never heard of bears or wolves attacking a snake, and even if they did it would be for food but this fella obviously wasn't eaten. Besides, I don't see any animal track on the grou - fucking hate myself now.

Tracks! Of course! Why the fuck haven't I been checking the damn soil? It's soft enough for someone to leave footprints behind!

I whip my sword in the snake's direction, flicking it far from me so I get my chance to look around without worrying about it. But when my eyes scan across the ground, I'm extremely disappointed. If there were any tracks here, my fall had obviously ruined it.