☙ f o r t y - t h r e e

I was typing the title for this chapter and I only now noticed that we're in the 40+ chapters already and I'm just like when the fuck did that happen????

wATTPAD TF IS THIS SHIT WHAT IS THAT NEW LAYOUT FOR WRITING STORIES WHAT IS THIS CRAP.

_______________

The king marches towards us, stepping over Zayn's body that remained bloodied on the floor. "They sent this just as soon as they could, I doubt they're even out of our kingdom yet and they are already going to launch an attack!" The king explodes, waving the crumbled piece of paper in his fist at us.

"What are you talking about, father?" Harry asks, and I'm surprise when he doesn't move away from me in shame.

The king's face turned an even more violent shade of red at Harry's words and he slams his fist down onto the counter I was sitting on. "I'm talking about the bloody war you started!" He shouts at Harry's face. "They sent me a letter telling me I have four hours to send them your mother's head or they burn down the first city."

"Wow." I couldn't stop myself from speaking, causing both men's attentions to be directed at me.

"What is this whore doing in my kitchen?" The king spits, eyes narrowing into slits as if he was trying to burn me with his glare.

I rolled my eyes. "Call me a whore one more time and the Tomlinson's aren't the ones who will burn you alive." I say.

His eyes widen. "Is that a threat?" He says, shocked at first before he repeats it in an enraged manner. "Is that a threat?!" He shouts, spit hitting me on my cheek. "I will have you hung just for that! I will ki- "

"No you will not." Harry's voice interrupts, it was stern and authoritative as he moves in between me and his father. "You lay one hand on this woman and I will see to it that the Tomlinson's win this war."

The king pointed a finger at his son's face, his whole body shaking with anger. "You do that and we all end up as slaves."

"I think I'd make one dashing slave, actually." He replies causing the king to explode as he slaps his son's cheek.

Something snapped inside of me and I didn't even noticed when I got off of the counter. My hand catches the king's wrist as he moves to hit Harry again. "Slap him, and I break your arm." I say, my voice low.

I can see his eyes widen again, just a flicker of fear showing before he retracts his hand and glared at both of us. "This war is your fault, you filthy bitch, and if you and my son are so goddamn adamant in standing your ground, then you lead this war." He spits before turning around, my whole body going into shock.

As his father walks away, Harry moves to my side. "And what exactly do you mean by that?" He asks, eyes glaring at his father's body.

"I mean exactly what I said. You command the troupes. You plan out the strategies. You spill the blood." He says, not stopping as he moves closer to the exit.

"And where will you be?" Harry demands, hands balling into fists at his sides.

"In safety." The king shrugs.

"What kind of king abandons his kingdom in a war?" I ask, gobsmacked at what I was hearing.

The king stops in his steps just as he was near the doors. "The kind that wants to live." He says just before leaving.

"I can't believe him!" Harry roars and grabs at the nearest thing he could reach - a stack of plates - and he throws them as hard as he could. The deafening sounds of at least ten plates fill the room before diving it into silence. Harry was breathing heavily, eyes wide in both panic and anger.