☙ f i f t y - n i n e

Picture is me bc I got attacked by NB stans on twitter just by tweeting the #Wewantnaughtyboytoeatcarter thing and I'm like ugh I want to politely set them on fire.

_______________

I sat alone in that room by myself. The blanket covered my lower half as my torso leaned against the headboard behind me. My head was turned to the side, watching the fire on the candle's wick flick around.

I couldn't wrap my head around it. My father, the horrible man I grew up hating, actually had a past almost as bad as my present. He hadn't always been a heartless drunk - he had a life, a great one. He was well known, a knight, we might have been rich too. He had the love of his life in his arms until someone else took her away.

Then there's the fact that he was involved with Anne. Did she know what the king did to my father? Did she know I was his daughter when she saw me?

The fact that even before I was born all these things were already somehow intertwined made me question my beliefs. Was all this already planned? Is this was people call destiny? Is this my destiny? To be stuck in a war and have my heart broken by a royal? Or was it just in our blood to have someone in the royal family break our hearts?

I was so confused at this point, and maybe it was about time I faced everything head on instead of running away from them. But how do I even handle this? Is this even a problem? I don't see how it could be one seeing at there isn't anything to actually solve.

My father's dead and what's done is done. I can't end Anne's marriage to the king and have her marry my father's corpse, and even if I could or would it still wouldn't change anything.

No, that wasn't the problem, but I still could not let that tale sink into my mind. It's as if I knew my father as nothing but a monster and accepting that there was a different side of him was just impossible.

The doors open once again, snapping me out of my own thoughts. "Anna?" My little sister's voice comes.

I turn my head, seeing her standing by door. The smile that spread across my face was almost instant. "Lea." I greet, opening my arms up and she doesn't hesitate to run towards the bed and jump onto my lap.

I yelp at the impact on my leg that wasn't numb, causing Lea to apologize immediately and start to get off of me. "No, it's alright. I'm fine, don't worry." I say, wrapping my arms tightly around her.

She hugs me back, placing her head down on my chest where my heart was beating quickly. I'm so happy she's alive - and furious at Niall for using her as one of his spies.

"What happened to you?" She asks, not breaking our embrace. "Where did you go?" Her shaking tone broke my heart in half.

"I was at the castle - became a slave." I say, not really fully true. I mean yes, I was a slave - but I did around a few days of tiring cleaning before the whole thing between Harry and I stopped me from doing so. "I'm sorry for making you think I was dead." I say.

She pulls away, settling herself beside me instead of on top of me before speaking. "But I didn't think you were dead. That guard told me you were alive. He said the only way to keep you safe was if I worked for him." She tells me.

"I'm going to kill him!" I shout out of no where, hands in fists. How fucking dare he lie to my sister just to use her.

I was just about to stand from the bed, regardless of my unmoving leg, to find Niall and strangle the life out of him, but Lea stops me. "No, please. It's okay. I liked spying on the army. It's the most fun I've had in my life." She tells me. "And if it wasn't for him, I would be dead."