☙ | t h i r t y - f o u r |*

4th day in a row bc you're comments are so sweet and funny and yeah, basically keep em coming so I'm inspired to write faster!

And idk I've been getting messages asking for smut and another Harry pov so well yeah here this chapter is for you guys.

Not really completely smutty but eh I tried. I also had to alter a few words bc I didn't wanna be rater r and stuff so bare with me.

______________

I gave her my clothes. I didn't feel like giving her another one of my mother's nightgowns, and I certainly didn't want her to where any of Charlotte's in case she sees and decides to harm my Anna - I mean Anna.

Just Anna.

Christ, what is happening to me? I can't be attached to her, to anyone really. I can't risk it. I know my father would personally hang me if I disobeyed him, and I'm selfish enough to chose my own life over anything else.

But her blue eyes are just so -

I shook my head having half a mind to go back inside her new room and take back my clothes, but I couldn't possibly make her sleep in that dress, could I?

Wait, why do I care if she's comfortable or not? She's just a slave, she shouldn't even have her own room.

My hand reaches for the handle that would lead me back into her room.

But then she's been through so much for today already, I should leave her to get some rest.

I step back, retracting my hand an-

But it'll give me a reason to see her again, despite the fact that I had literally just left her alone a minute ago.

I go for the handle again.

"Son?" I hear my mother's voice ring out in the hallway, causing me to jump away from the door as if I had done something wrong.

I turn to see my mother accompanied by two guards heading for my room, but before she could go in, she spots me just outside of Anna's new room.

"What are you doing out here? I have been looking everywhere for you this whole day!" She scolds, and I brace myself for the lecture I knew was coming. She would go on and on and on about how I left in the middle of the parade. How I should be more responsible because I am a pri- "Where's Annalyn?" She questions, catching me by surprise.

"What?" I say, confused on why she was looking for her.

"The guards said you left to escort her back. What happened? Was she hurt? Is she okay now?" She asks, her eyes then narrowing on me as a small knowing smirk found its way onto her mouth. "You've been with her all day, haven't you?" She says, her eyebrows rising.

I could feel my cheeks heat up slightly and I tried my best not to look away. "No, I was attending to some other business." I deny, although by the smile on my mother's face I knew it was useless to pretend.

She chuckles before looking over her shoulders at the two guards. "Leave us." She says. Both guards bow before leaving.

I quickly notice one of them, a brunette with blue eyes send a quick glare at my mother before leaving, but I decided to brush it off and leave it for tomorrow's agenda.

I watch as the guards leave but my mother speaks up and catches my attention again. "You like her, Harry, don't you?" She says. Her tone tells me she already knows the answer.

"Maybe." I say and look away, still unwilling to admit it, but Anna's face as she stared me down flashes in my mind and I can't help but let my heart skip a beat.