☙ | t w e n t y - s i x |

To all those people who have said In The Woods is a favorite of theirs or that they really like the story I REALLY LIKE YOU TOO OKAY, LOVE YA LOTS AND I HOPE YOUR FAVE MARRIES YOU SOMEDAY.

UNLESS IT'S HARRY. THEN YOU CAN JOIN ME WITH BEING A SIDE HOE AFTER I TIE HIM AND LOUIS DOWN AT THE ALTAR.

Unedited bc woah, I'm busy as hell.

______________

My eyes stay glued to her figure. Her body curled up into a ball under the thick blankets, one of my arms over her waist.

She had cried herself to sleep last night and I couldn't deny that every whimper from her lips made me feel agitated - like I wanted to do something, but what could I? I couldn't take back what I had done.

Well, I didn't do much really. As she was being mocked, I was just watching by the food table, grabbing a few bites of the snacks that had been laid out.

Sure, she was right that I knew about it. I mean, it was basically what Charlotte had been bragging on about that whole day before the ball. She was also the one that made me go after her that night in the forest, though I didn't want her out there at night anyway.

I mean, a body ripped to shreds on castle grounds - it wouldn't sound too nice with possible future traders from other kingdoms.

But the way the wrinkle between her eyebrows kept forming, no matter how many times I try to calm her down in her sleep, made me wonder if it was worth it.

I mean, she survived this much, hasn't she? I mean I know her entire life now - she had been abused by her drunk of a father, and she had started hunting after he past away. She has a paralytic mother, a sister only a few years younger, a brother who's a lumberjack. And she has a knack for getting into trouble - and after all that she's alive, so I'm sure she could have gotten to her village through the woods with little or no difficulty at all. So maybe I should have let her?

But it was too late now as the damage has been done. Honestly, when Charlotte had told me her plan, I thought everyone in that room would be dead meat by the time Anna was done with them. She may hate to admit it, but she was a lot like me. I knew, without a doubt, that Annalyn would burn everything down if it mean getting revenge. She'll deny it, mostly because she would hate those words. She'd call it justice, but what difference is there really? An eye for an eye, same shit. And like me, I knew she'd burn down villages if she could, just to hurt someone who had hurt her.

Anna groans in my arms, shifting a little and I fear she might wake with me still tangled with her.

I didn't mean to be cuddling with her, it just...sort of happened.

Last night I had brought her in - changed her into a white night dress to make her comfortable, and removed her shoes - and laid her down on the bed.

Halfway through the trip to my room she had already fallen asleep, just as soon as I placed a blanket over her body to shield her from unwanted eyes. And when I laid her down I made sure I was on the complete opposite side of the bed.

However, I woke up with her pressed against my chest, but to my own surprise, I didn't mind. She is quite warm, and it was definitely a hundred times better than my pillows, and I didn't feel like letting go. Still don't, really. So I'm just hoping she'd sleep for a bit longer.

I'm sure I'd get hit more than once when she wakes up. Definitely one hit for just existing, another for being close to her, and another one surely for changing her clothes - but I've already seen her bare, why is she still so conscious about it?

I didn't understand what it is in the girl that stops me from having her hung. If it were anyone else who were to talk to me the way she does, I'd have them executed.