☙ s i x t y - s e v e n

Just saying, there isn't a specific religion in this story ayt?

________________

I'm leaving.

I have decided that I'm leaving. I'm going to break Lea out of whatever cell they're holding her in and we're going to run away. We can take a bunch of weapons and necessities from this house and just somehow make our way out of the kingdom and into a new life.

The whole plan seemed so vague and hectic even in my own head, and I was completely sure we wouldn't make it half way through the unexplored forests, but hey, other people from other kingdoms have visited us, so there must be an existing path already.

Well, that's what I attempted to tell myself as I marched through the halls of the cabin.

I've stormed out of rooms and fights so many times now, and not once had Harry or anyone else followed me. And now that I really needed to distance myself from people here to make it easier to leave, I hear footsteps following me.

"Anna." Harry makes himself known as he called out my name. I ignored him, not wanting to backtrack.

But there's this sick feeling in my gut. A feeling that's saying he's right and I'm not and Lea does deserve to be in jail - hell, for murder she deserves to be hung - but I don't want to admit it. I would never allow anyone to touch my sister in such a way.

Besides, if everyone who has ever killed someone before were to be hung - then only really small kids would be alive by now.

"Anna, where are you goi- " I turn around swiftly. Harry stops himself just in time so he doesn't bump into me.

I wanted to shout at him. Slap him. Throw him off a cliff and into a pit filled with hell's fire, but of course if I was given the chance to, I'd probably throw myself in it after him.

Harry stares expectantly at me, green eyes waiting patiently for some sort of answer or reassurance that I wasn't about to cut him out of my life.

And looking into those damn eyes of his was probably the last thing I needed to drop the ridiculous plan I was thinking of. It wasn't going to work anyway, too many faults and much too many ways in which would lead to our doom.

"I'm going to visit my sister." I say, which was true. Although, I wanted my tone to be cold as ice, but I'm disappointed at myself when the words came out nowhere near what I was hoping for.

Harry's shoulders slump in relief and his hands come up to hold one of mine. I don't flinch back, or pull my hand away. I couldn't, really. Not with the amount of warmth his touch gave me.

I looked down at our hands before glancing back up at Harry's eyes, which were already watching me. "You'll come back here - to me - afterwards, right?" He asks slowly, as if afraid of the answer.

I feared he'd break down if I refused, and that sight alone would tear me apart as well, so I opted for the safer response. "Yes." I say.

"And you understand why I did, what I did, right?" He asks, referring to Lea.

And I did, really. There was no point in denying it. "Yes." I reply.

He pulls me closer then, letting my hand go and wrapping his arms around my waist instead. "And you still love me, right?" He asks.

I don't think I'll ever stop loving him. He could literally put a sword through my chest, and I'd probably help him push the blade deeper. "I still love you." I nod, resulting in a small, relieved smile to grace his lips.

"I love you too." He responds, leaning down a bit to place a quick kiss to my lips. I smile back up at him as best as I could before leaning my head down to his chest.