☙ e i g t h

"Annalyn!" I hear a voice call out for me. "Annalyn, Wake up!"

The cold floor beneath my body was not kind, but laying down on it and trying to get back to sleep sounded a lot more pleasant than getting up.

So in response to the voice calling out to me, I turned a little, adjusting my body away from the source of the voice, and groaned.

"Anna, please! You need to get up!" The voice was considerably closer now, and I could tell that it was male by the obvious roughness of the voice.

This time I didn't even bother moving or giving any signs that I was alive. I merely stayed still and started mentally praying for everyone to leave me alone to sleep.

"Annalyn Rides, you get up right now or I swear I'm telling everyone what you use to do to get food." The voice threatens. Little did it know that I knew he was bluffing.

By now I was able to tell who the voice belonged to. It was, of course, no other than my friend for three months now: Zayn Malik.

Three months ago when I had sauntered off into the woods, only to have the adventure of a lifetime, it had been a miracle that I was able to find my way back.

Unfortunately, I didn't know some people were up at the break of dawn.

One of these people, was a black haired boy with unbelievably bright brown eyes.

Imagine his shock when a random girl comes out of the woods, in a ruined expensive dress and four wolves on her back.

His friends were, fortunately, drunk out of there wits. Zayn had apparently been trying to get them back to their homes safely at that time before I had come along. His friends just continued on stumbling around and about so he was having a hard time in directing them home - hence why they had somehow ended up at the edge of the woods.

I remember on that day how his eyes went wide in shock, mirroring my expression too. His friends had seen me too of course, and had started slurring out words - that I was positive did not even exist - in surprise as they started pointing at me.

I was just about to get on my knees and beg for him not to tell on me - a girl who had obviously been illegally hunting - but his expression had already softened before I could even move.

He had motioned me to go before he had proceeded to start pulling his pals away without another word.

The next week that past after that incident was spent in complete paranoia.

I was completely bewildered by my experience in the woods, constantly trying to make Christian believe me - but to no avail - and at the same time I was just waiting for some officers to barge into the house and take me away for hunting in the woods.

But soon, I had realized that no one would believe me about my tale of seeing the prince in the woods. I also figured that the boy with brown eyes did not tell on me.

After a while, I decided on two things: to give up on telling my story, and to give the boy with brown eyes a bit of the food we had as a thank you for his kind action. But when I had finally found where he lived and offered to give him the food, he had refused.

No one in our little town was well-off, but apparently his family was one of those who didn't starve as frequently as the rest of us do. So instead, as payment for his deeds, he had asked me to tell him why I was in the woods in the first place, and why I had four wolves on my back.

I told him what happened - deciding on telling one last person what the prince had done - but I knew he didn't really believe me, but he pretended to anyway.