Chapter 31 Lazy Day

The next morning I woke to singing and water running. The bath was on but the shower head wasn't. Then it turned off but the singing continued. Then it turned into humming. I looked over into the mirror on the back of the door and I noticed my eyes are becoming a dull gold. My blessing is wearing off. I'm becoming full human again. I stood up and walked to the bathroom door and walked in. Laura screeched and I rolled my eyes walking to the mirror.

"Calm down its just me." I said and grabbed Laura's hairbrush. I looked at it and debated on whether I should use it to brush my hair. It's not weird.

"Don't you dare. Don't even think about it." She said and I looked at her through the mirror.

"What?" I asked and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Don't use my hairbrush." She says and I run it through my hair a few times to piss her off.

"Ok be that way. You can have the couch tonight." She says and I roll my eyes. You said that a while ago and didn't keep to your word.

"I was too lazy to yell at you but I'm not kidding this time." She says and waves me out signal in g she's gonna get out.

"Na I'm good." I say and sit on the toilet.

"Ok. I'll just get out now. Probably give you a b***r, make you miss out on all this" she says and motions to herself.

"Well someone's full of them selves. But I'm pretty sure you won't get out till I leave." I challenge and she rolls her eyes and gets up. She up plugs the tub and grabs her towel from the hook. I could feel a tent growing in my sweats as Laura wraps herself in her towel.

"Shit" I say and she looks at me and notices the tent too.

"Told you so." She says and walks out.

"Thanks Laura now I need a cold shower." I yell and close the bathroom door.

"Not my problem. I told you to get out. But there is a problem for you." She yells back and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What?" I ask and she sticks her head in the door.

"First even if you wanted a warm shower there isn't any hot water, second you get to clean the room, third, you get to fix the room from your tangents, and last you still get the couch. Or a guest room. But your not sleeping with me tonight. I will lock you outside of I have too." She says and I frown.

"But I want you." I said

"And I want ice cream. But you don't see that happening." She says snarkily and closes the door walking to the closet. I groaned and started my cold shower. I stripped down and climbed in, hovering as the icy water pelted my back and shoulders. I stood there thinking eventually losing feeling to everything from thinking too hard. I mindlessly washed my hair and body then just stood there thinking again. Thinking of how my life would have been if I lost Laura forever. I would have been a mess. It would have killed me. Laura is my life. I live her to death and I can't ever imagine my life without her. Well I can. But I don't want to. It's not a pretty sight.

"Ross? You ok in there" Laura asks through the curtain and I nod then remember she can't see me.

"Yeah" I say and shut off the water while opening the curtain causing Laura to squeak and cover her eyes.

"little warning please." she says with her eyes closed while swinging her arms around to find the door. i chuckle and walk over to her, with a towel around my waist, and I wrap my arms around her waist causing her to yelp in surprise.

"Hey! let me go." she says and tries to pull out of my arms.

"but I like to hold my mate in my arms and i didn't get to on my birthday." I complain and she giggles and turns around in my arms to face me.