Chapter 3

Ross's POV

[Edited]

I stayed with Laura the whole night. Right now it is 3:42 and the rest of the family left like 12 minutes ago to go hunting. My dad told me that Laura's medicine is in his office before he left. I looked at the clock again and now it is 3:55. I slowly got myself out from under Laura and walked over to my desk and turned on the lamp. I sat in the chair and got out a new piece of blank computer paper. I set it in the middle of the desk in front of me and hand sharpened a pencil with my pencil sharpener. I then looked at Laura and tried to think of something to draw. I then got an idea and started drawing. After about an hour of turning and erasing and sharpening I finally finished my picture. I put it on my wall and took a step back. I looked at my very detailed picture of Laura. I smiled at my masterpiece and walked back over to the desk. I sat down and started drawing another picture. Laura the started to move and she started whimpering. I slowly walked over to the bed and stood there watching over her. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. A tear fell from her eye and I knelt down in front of her on the floor. She turned on her side and looked at me. Then she made a hurt face and another tear fell and she sat up grabbing her broken leg. I sat on the bed behind her and wrapped my arms gently around her waist careful of her cut. She then screamed causing me to flinch and I ran out of the room and downstairs. I ran into marks office and found the medicine on the desk. I grabbed it and ran to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water before running back upstairs back into the bed room and sitting behind Laura again. She turned to face me while I took out the medicine as fast as I could and held it out for her to take. She grabbed it with her shaky hand and she put it in her mouth. She then took the water from me and drank the water. She then turned and wrapped her arms around my neck and held me in a really tight hold that would suffocate a normal person. She then shoved her head in my chest and re-wrapped her arms around my waist. I slowly wrapped my arms around her shoulders and laid back with her on me. She then started groaning into my chest and I could feel more tears going onto my shirt. I softly rubbed her back with one hand while I use my other hand and played with her hair. She lifted her head up and looked at my eyes. She forced a weak smile and leaned in to kissed me.
"Thank you Ross" she whispered and more tears fell out of her eyes.
"It really hurts." She said and I hugged her close. She then cried herself to sleep and I felt really bad. I gently pushed her off of me carefully so I didn't wake her up or hurt her and left the room. I walked down stairs and into the kitchen. The one place of the house I thought I would never use. We keep food in the fridge because we often have human friends over. Most of our close friends are the only people that come over and they know what we are. all of the others (Rydel, Riker, Rocky, etc.) have only one human friend that know what we are. I make Laura a sandwich and put it on a plate and walk back up to my room. I walk in and Laura is asleep on my bed. I walk over to the bed and set the plate on the bedside table and climb in bed beside her. She put her head on my chest and rested her arm on my abs. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her shoulder. I smiled and thought about what it would be like in the future with a human mate. I then frowned when I realized that I would outlive her. She would grow old and I would stay the same. I looked down at her and kissed her neck. I was actually thinking of something else but I couldn't believe I got that idea. I laid down farther and she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. I looked at the clock it is now 7:30 am. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I reached over and grabbed the sandwich and handed it to her.
"I think you might want this. You didn't eat last night." I said and she sat up and gladly took the sandwich. She finished about 5 minutes later and handed me the plate again. I set it back into the bed side table and looked back at Laura.
"Laura?" I asked and she looked at me.
"Hmm" she said snuggling into my chest.
"I don't want to be with you." I said in a whisper. She sat up and looked at me.
"What do you mean?" She asked a little worried.
"I don't want to be your boyfriend. It's nothing that you did it's just that. I don't want to get to attached to you. Your still human and you will die eventually and it will hurt when you do. I won't be able to live without you." I said looking down away from her eyes. She sighed and used her finger tips to make me look at her. She smiled and kissed me. I kissed back and she pulled away.
"Ross even if you do die I will always be with you. I'll be your guardian angel and I will always be in here." She said putting her hand on my heart. I look at her hand then back at her and she kisses me. I kiss back and lick her bottom lip asking for an entrance. She smiles into the kiss and denies my request. I chuckle and slightly pull away.
"Your going to regret denying my request." I said and she giggles. I kiss her again and she kisses me back. I ask again and she accepts. We make out for like 10 minutes and I could go longer but she pulled away to breathe. She leaned her forehead against mine and smiles looking into my eyes.
"Ross I love and I always will. You can always change me." She said and I frowned.
"I can but I won't. You deserve to live a human life and I'm not taking that away from you." I said and looked away from her. She once again made me look at her.
"Will you do anything to make me happy?" She asked smiling.
"Yes" I simply replied.
"Then change me, that will make me happy. I want live with you and never change. I want to be with you forever and not have to worry about getting shot and leaving you. I want to have what you have." She said.
"What I have isn't fun. You have to kill innocent animals to keep yourself from killing humans, you can't go out in public when it's sunny. Laura you can't do a lot of things when you are like this." I said
"But you have alternatives." She said arguing her case. I groaned and she giggled. I then thought of something and smiled.
"Fine I will change you" I said.
"Yay" she said and moved hair from her neck. I rolled my eyes and put her hair back.
"But...." I said
"But...." she mocked me.
"I have a few conditions." I said and she groaned.
"Ugh I have a bad feeling about this." She said. I chuckled.
"They aren't bad." I said and she nodded her head.
"Ok first condition. We...." I said pointing to me and her. "go to college." I said and she frowned.
"Fine." She said narrowing her eyes at me.
"Second, I'm not changing you till you finish collage." She glared at me.
"Next" she said.
"Last I will change you when you are 25." I said and she hit my chest.
"Ross" she whined.
"Yeah?" I played.
"Ugh please just change me now." She said.
"Nope. I can't." I said and smiled at her.
She kissed me really hard and I kissed back. I then realized what she was doing. Ha you can't get me Laura.
"Laura"
"Hmmm"
"I know what you are doing, but it's not going to work on me."
"Eh it was worth a shot." She says and I chuckle at her. Normally it's the guy doing that to try to get the girl in bed with him. But I'm not doing that anytime soon. Probably not ever. Not the girl doing it to the guy to get him to change her into a vampire.
"That is normally what the guy says when he does that to get the girl in bed with him." I say and she rolls her eyes.
"Yeah I know." She says and I smile at her. I gently kiss her and get off of her. I face her and she sits up and I pick her up like a little child, carry her downstairs and set her on the counter top.
"What do you want to eat?" I ask her and she smiles and is a about to get of the counter but I put my hands on her hips and gently rub my thumbs over them. She growls at me and I smile.
"What are you a werewolf?" I ask her.
"No but I can act like one if you want me to" she says and smirks at me.
"Did you want to meet one?" I ask and she looks at me weird
"Really?" She asks and her face lights up in excitement. I smile and nod my head. She smiles back and also nods her head.
"Yeah I'd love to." She says and I pick her up and she wraps her legs and arms around me as she rests her head on my shoulder. I smile and carry her outside. I then V.S. to the border of the Chilona packs territory and a silver wolf about the size of 1.5 Grizzlies walks up to the border and lays down. I smile and cross the border and the wolf gets back up. I set Laura down and she smiles at me. The wolf looks at me and I nod my head and he runs off.
"Hey where is he going?" Laura asks and I turn to her.
"He is shifting back." I say and look back in the direction he left and there he was running towards us. He ran at me and tackled me. We tumbled through the grass laughing and throwing punches that were too light to hurt either of us. Laura falls to the the ground and screeches and I look at her with Amber(worried) eyes. She is sitting on the floor grabbing her leg and I completely forgot she had a cast on it. I got off my friend and V.S. over to her.
"Laura what's wrong?" I ask and she starts crying.
"Ross I need my pain killers." She whimpers. I kiss her forehead and pick her up.
"Hey Dylan. Can I see your father." I say and he nods.
"Yeah sure come on bro." He says and starts running. He then shifts into his silver werewolf and we stop.
"Can you take her to him? I need to hunt before I go anywhere near a bunch of werewolves. And I'm going to pick your dad some more herbs." I ask and he nods. He lays on his stomach and I gently set Laura on his back. She lays down and wraps her arms around his neck and closes her eyes. He slowly stands up and Laura groans. I sigh and kiss her cheek and he runs towards the village. I run to a near by herb patch and gather some up. I then hunt for a few squirrels and I finish my meal. I show them respect and bury them and I wipe my mouth and face on a napkin then I bury that too. I then run to the village and I run to Dylan's house.
Laura's POV.
Dylan ran fast but somehow it was a smooth ride. I didn't hurt at all and it was actually kinda fun. When we reach his house his dad come out. Dylan lays on his stomach again and his dad helps me down. He picks me up and carries me into the house and sets me on the couch. I face the back of it and hide my wet face in the cushions and I groan. I then hear a person walk in and I look up and see Dylan walking in with shorts on. Where is his shirt? I ask myself with a little sass.
"Hi I'm Dylan" he says and puts out his hand. I groan and clutch my stomach this time. Dylan pulls his hand away and looks at me with a worried face. Moments later Ross walks in and looks at me clutching my stomach. He drops the herbs and rushes over.
"Dylan! Can I use your car?" He yells and Dylan comes running in.
"What for?" He asks and Ross stands up.
"I need to get her to my dad and I can't run with her is this condition I'll make it worse. Can I use your car please."
"It doesn't go that fast. Just call your dad and tell him to come here." Dylan says and Ross nods. He pulls out his phone and calls Mark. A few seconds later he starts talking really fast and all I hear is a mumble. A few seconds later he hangs up and sit in front of me. He smiles at me and I groan.
"Rossy it hurts" I say and he sighs.
"It'll be alright. Just try to keep a steady breathing rate" he says and kisses my forehead. The door bell rings and Ross stands up and answers it. Mark and him walk back in and I blacked out.
_________________________
Sorry it took so long to update. I'll try to update sooner for the next chapter. Love you all. Till next time
~ Camry ~