Chapter 21

"Well.... I don't know. You choose." She said while I pulled out of the driveway.

"Ok." I said and drove to the beach. After parking the car I looked at the time.

"Ok. It's 11:20 so we will eat lunch at 12:00. so for now...." I say and reach behind her seat and grab a plastic bag.
"....well go swimming." I say pulling a bikini and my swim trunks out. She smiles and takes her bikini from me along with the bag for her clothes. While she goes and gets dressed in the bathroom I'm getting out our stuff. After setting the stuff out and on the beach close to the water -but not too close- I stand there and wait for Laura. Minutes later she is run at me any hiding behind me.

"Woah. What's up." I say turning around and picking her up. She wraps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck.

"These guys came up to me when I got out of the bathroom and claimed to be vampires. I didn't believe them so I tried to walk away and the 'leader' grabbed me so I punched him in the face and kneed him in the balls." She says slightly shaking.

"Ok. It's alright. What did they look like?"

"Well the 'leader', aka the one that grabbed me, he had black hair, green eyes, he had a scar on his neck, and he looked to be like 30?" She said and I froze. Xavier.

"Xavier." I say and she looked at me.

"I don't know." She said and I chuckled.

"Well they are vampires, but they aren't good or bad vampires. They are neutral. They are vegetarians and whatever you call the others. They kill vampires that expose us and the people they expose us to.

"You know the Volturi from twilight? Well the author got that part right and it's extremely accurate but she got the part wrong and there are no humans aloud unless they know about vampires and are coming to their death. They rarely leave their 'house/castle' thing so yeah." I say and she nods slowly.

"Ross what are you doing with a human?" Xavier asked behind me and I smile turning around holding Laura in my arms.

"Well as you can smell I'm currently human. That's cause our creator changed me back. The reason to that is...." I say and set Laura down. I move her hair and to show them the mark.
"....she is my mate. So I changed back and I will have my dad change me back once me and her are happy with a family to call ours." I say and he nods.

"Well I'm not one to mess with the creators doings. So.... What's her name?" He asks and Laura stands behind my arm a little.

"This is Laura. Laura this is Xavier, Vince, Malvrick, and Mage." I say pointing to Xavier and his 'group'. Vince mumbles something under his breath and Laura frowned. She walked up to him and punched him in the face then walked back to me mumbling about how big of a jerk he is.

"I'm going in the water." She announced and walked to the water. No one is here so she just took her bed floaty thing and went in the water. Moments after talking about stuff we heard loud splashes. Looking over at Laura, I found her on top of Ethan running along the shore line. Kenzie was running next to them as a small wolf cub. In one quick flash Kenzie disappeared and wolf cries and whimpers boom from next to me. I look at Xavier and his group Vince threw her at a tree and Laura jumped on his back.

"SHE'S ONLY 3, YOU BASTERD." She yells and tackles him to the ground punching him. She quickly gets off him and runs to Kenzie in her pup form.

"Kenzie." She says in a soft tone and pulls the small pup into her arms. A few tears fall and Kenzie's faint breathing grows a bit stronger.

"ETHAN." She cries out and Ethan run up to her. She stands up cradling Kenzie. She walks up to Vince and slaps.

"I DON'T CARE WHO THE HELL YOU ARE, STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER." She yells and climbs on Ethan's back.

"I'll be at Ethan's. Don't bring your basterd friends home with you." She snarls and kicks Ethan's side telling him she's ready to go. He runs off and I just realized the other wolves were here and they quickly trailed behind Ethan and Laura. I turn back to the spot we were at and sighed. Why does her birthday keep getting messed up. First her dad. Now possibly Kenzie. Xavier grabs my arm but I just pull my arm away not looking back. I gather up all our stuff and put it into the car. Xavier walks to my car and knocks on the window.

"What." I ask him annoyed.

"Why do you have a shifter living with you?" He asks and I look at him.

"Because she's 3, she was abandoned when she was about a year old, all she remembers from her parents is her fathers abusive hands and her mothers drunk state. And Laura adopted her. Goodbye Xavier. I can't decide who is worse. You or Tony." I say and pull out and drive down the street.

"Go away." I groan annoyed and keep my eyes on the road.

"What do you mean. What did Tony do?" He asks and I glance at him.

"First he came on my land and tried to kill an innocent girl. Laura. I was at the right place at the right time and ran them off. I realized she was my mate but he broke her leg and cut her stomach. Then two or three days ago he made an appearance again with Chris. I killed Chris and we went up to talk about stuff. We went back down and were about to go out to eat for breakfast since it was her birthday. We found her dad in the kitchen with a stab wound in his chest and teeth marks on his neck. Then on the cabinet we found a message." I said and took a breath.

"It said. 'I'm coming for you -tony' then we saw him in the backyard looking through the window at us. Ethan and the wolves were there to protect us. I had a surprise for her that day but he ruined it. Then today at her make up party I set up to her I was gonna give her something special, but you came along with that idiot and made her mad ruining it. Again. Even if it wasn't you the first time. You ruined my chance for the second time." I say getting louder at the end. I stopped the car and a woosh then they were in the back of my car.

"GET OUT OF MY CAR." I yell and they just sit there.

"Bring it back once your done with it." I say getting out and walking towards my house making sure I have my pistol with bronze bullets in my holster I put on once I got in the car.

"Ross." Vince says behind me. I sigh and turn around.

"What." I sigh and look at him. His eyes are full of guilt and regret.

"I'm sorry" he says and I sigh.

"I'm not the only one you have to apologize to." I say and he nods.

"I know." He says and we get back in the car.

"Good luck." I mumble under my breath.