Chapter 16

When she fell asleep I made sure she was asleep and then gently pulled my arms out from under her and got up. I walk downstairs and over to Ethan, who is now down along with everyone else.

"Ethan. I need you to watch Laura for me when she wakes up. I need to go get something. Her birthday is coming up soon." I say and he nods.

"Kk" he says and I nod.

"I'll be back." I say and walk out. I go out to the car and hop into the driver seat. I pull out of the driveway and drive into town. I get to the mall and walk into a dress store and walk in. Then I remember I don't know Laura's dress size so I take out my phone and call Rydel.

"Hey Rydel." I say when she answers.

"Hey." She says

"Do you know what dress size Laura wears?" I ask.

"Yeah she wears a #" (sorry peeps don't know. Just use your imagination. I'll post a picture up top.) she says and I thank her. We end the call and I look around the store. I come across a cream colored dress that has a brown bow around the waist and would go to just above her knees. The dress had one strap and would only cover part of her left shoulder. I found a matching pair of heels that were only like two inches tall cause I don't like seeing her wear tall heels. It worries me and makes me feel like she is gonna fall. I also bought her pearl earrings that match the pearl necklace I also bought. I went up to the counter and the cashier rang it up while smiling 'seductively' at me. I ignored her and waited while she took off the tag that is on clothes so people don't steal it.

"For your sister?" She asks in a hopeful voice.

"Girlfriend." I say and she nods with a small frown but quickly hides it.

"Here you go." She says and I thank her then leave.

I also buy her a new pair of converses and some decorations Rydel told me to buy. I also bought her, her birthday present which is a secret. Well I actually have two presents for her so I'm gonna go buy that one now.

I get out of the car and Rydel runs out to join me.

"Did you get the decorations?" She asks and I nod.

"Yup."

"Good gimme" she says and I hand her the bags with her decorations on it. Before she leaves I tell her one of my gifts and she is about to squeal but I cover her mouth and she squeals in my hand.

"You can't tell her. Oh also" I say and whisper in her ear again. Making sure that no one hears.

"Mmk" she says and skips away. Moments later she walks back out with all the wolves following behind her and they all pile into the truck and leave. I roll my eyes and grab the rest of the bags and carry them in. There wasn't that many.

I carry them up to our room and put the box with the dress, necklace, and heels on the top shelf of the closet and then wrapped the box with the converses that placed that box next to the other box. I put the other present in a big safe that I have at the back of my closet and closed it then locked it. I walked out of my closet and into the room and laura was still on the bed sleeping. I walked over to her and sat on my side of the bed and laid down with her. I pulled her into my arms and fell asleep with her like I never left.

A week later (November 28) one day before Laura's birthday.

After I fell asleep with laura we woke the next day and went to her house. I told her dad the plan about her surprise party and he agreed to the surprise present. Now it's the day before her birthday and I'm super excited and Rydel is constantly gone with the wolves making the other present for Laura. It's from all of us. For the past week I've been living with Laura at her house and trying to keep her away from my house. Oh here comes the sweet devil now. She doesn't stop asking to go to my house.

"Hey Rossy." She says with a sweet smile.

"No." I say and she frowns.

"Dammit." She says under her breath and I chuckle.

"We can go tomorrow." I say and hug her.

"Ugh why can't we go today?" She complains and I roll my eyes.

"Cause you need to spend time with your dad. You've barely seen him since you met me and I feel like I'm taking you away from him." I say and she smiles up at me.

"This is why I like you. Your so caring." She says and pecks my lips.

"I try." I say cockily and she giggles.

"Alright Mr. Cockypants. Don't get your pants in a bunch." She says walking out of her room and downstairs.

"Whatever." I mumble and she faces me.

"I heard that." She says and walks into the kitchen.

"Hungry?" She asks and I nod.

"Yup. I'll make dinner." I say and she frowns.

"What if I wanted to make dinner?" She asks with a pouty face and I give her my fake pouty face.

"Well. Then that really sucks cause I'm making dinner." I say in a pouty voice and she glares at me.

"Why are you mad?" She asks walking up to me and hugging me.

"I'm not. I'm faking not it to get a hug." I say chuckling and she slaps my chest.

"F*ck you." She growls and walks out.

"Your growl isn't scary. It's adorable." I yell and she sticks her hand in the door way and flips me off.

"Rude." I mumble and start dinner. I make Hamburgers and a salad, then set the table for three and call Laura in. Right when she walks in her dad walks in the front door and I smile at him.

"Right on time. I just finished dinner." I say and he smiles.

"Thanks Ross." He says and I give a slight nod.

"No problem. Let's eat." I say and he sits at the empty seat. We each get a little salad and a hamburger with tomatoes, pickles, cheese, lettuce, and a bun. We all take a bite and I swear I heard Laura moan.

"Ross this is amazing." She says and Mr. Marano nods approvingly.

"Agreed." He says and I smile.

"Glade you like it." I say and we all eat talking about our day. Apparently there have been kidnappings of women, so Laura's dad gave me a gun and a permit and told me that laura isn't aloud to leave the house alone. Little does he know I'm never leaving her side.

After dinner laura threatened that if I didn't let her wash the dishes she would tie me to a chair and clean the dishes then untie me and touch me with bronze.

"Laura bronze doesn't effect me anymore." I say and she frowns.

"I'll still tie you down." She threatens and I throw my arms in the air defeatedly and she smiles turning around and walking to the sink. Before she reaches the sink I grab her neck and push her pressure point making her pass out and me a winner. I catch her before she hits the ground and set her on the couch then turn on the tv. Before going back into the kitchen, to wash the dishes, I throw a blanket over her and kiss her forehead. After the dishes I walk into the living room and look at Laura. She is still sleeping and looks adorable in her small ball, she curled herself into. I smile down at her and pick her up holding her close. I turn off the tv and carry her up stairs. At the top of the stairs her dad walks by and looks at us.

"Your the kind of guy I want her to marry." He says and I smile at him.

"I'll keep that in mind." I smile jokingly and he walks into his room.

"Good night son." He says in a fatherly way and closes his door. I walk into Laura's room and close the door with my foot before walking to the bed and gently setting her down. I get out one of my shirts and put it on her and pulling off her pants leaving her in my shirt and her panties. I put her shirt, pants, and bra into the hamper and put on a pair of sweat then throwing my shirt and jeans in the hamper too. I crawl into bed next to her and pull her into my arms hugging her tightly.

"Good night love" I say, even though she is asleep, and she curls into a ball against my chest. She places a gently and weak kiss on my chest before hugging my waist tightly and intertwining our legs. I kiss the top of her head and fall asleep with my girl in my arms.