Keep them safe [Part 15]

[Name] mumbled to herself. What was happening? She looked around, sensing no one nearby. She never felt alone, no matter what her senses told her. Tobi could appear from anywhere, better yet Sasuke. She could never let out her feelings. [Name]'s eyes dragged on the floor, and she tightened her fists.

"If you're watching..." She began, tears trailing down her face. "Please let me be. For once, let me be.."

Her emotions continuously changed from anger to sadness and despair. She began to punch the tree she was once laying against, releasing all her anger. She felt like more of a monster now than ever.

"Why did you take me?" She yelled, feeling pain shoot through her arms at each hit. "Why did you turn me into this!" [Name] questioned. She paused.

Someone was near. She quickly wiped her tears and held her hands together, hiding them from the enemy.

"Who are you?" She asked, trying her best to keep her voice calm.

"[Name]..." She heard a voice say, revealing its holders true identity.

It was Sakura.

"What are you doing here?" [Name] asked, facing away from the girl.

"I heard you yelling a moment ago."

"Hm." She continued, tears continuing to pound on the door in hope of exiting.

Sakura paused and walked up behind her.

"I know it hurts, [Name]." She spoke, placing her hand on [Name]'s shoulder.

"Stay away from me Sakura." [Name] spoke, fighting her emotions once again. "Keep the boys safe-"

She turned to face toward Sakura.

"Keep them away from me." [Name] spoke, looking up at Sakura. "Please, promise me that."

Sakura was in shock. [Name] wasn't truly gone. No matter what the two boys said, this was still [Name]. She nodded her head in submission, causing [Name] to smile a real smile for the first time in a while.

"I'll see you again," [Name] paused. "Stay safe."

Just before [Name] disappeared, Sakura swore she saw a tear roll down her cheek. And she was right. [Name] ran her way back to the hideout, tears flowing out of her eyes, one at a time. She couldn't handle it. Knowing that she had to stay emotionless, forever. She closed her eyes, in hope of Itachi appearing beside her. She wanted him to be by her side, to comfort her. That's what he was always best at doing. He was the one person who believed in her throughout her entire training, the one person who put his life out on the line for her when she made rash decisions during missions.

And what was to happen next month? What would be so bad that she'd want to kill her childhood best friend? Maybe he was- No. It couldn't be that.

[Name] ran inside the hideout and threw herself onto her bed, gripping her swollen hands onto her pillow. Then, a sudden knock appeared at her door. But when she didn't answer, the man came in anyways. It was Itachi.

"What happened out there, [Name]?" He asked, placing himself beside her.

"I-I-" She stuttered, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I can't seem to let them go."

"Hm."

"All I can ever think about is them! When I saw Sasuke about to kill Naruto, m-my heart- it felt like it was stepped on 300 times. I can't handle any of this... I'm just, so weak, so quiet. I don't have to nerve to do anything for the people I love."

She thought of how weak she must look to Itachi, being that all she could do was cry all the time. She let out a small chuckle.

"I mean, just look at me! All I can ever do is cry it's-"

"Thank you, [Name]." He spoke, looking her in the eyes.

[Name] looked up at him, shocked at what he had just said.

"Wh-what?" She muttered in attempt to understand.

"Thank you for standing in front of me like that." He spoke, looking away shyly.

This was the first time Itachi said thank you for anything to her. No wonder he was so shy about it!

"You always do it for me, it's no biggie." She spoke, trying to joke around.

"It is a big deal, [Name]." He spoke, shutting her down. "And I appreciate that."

[Name] smiled.

"I see." She spoke. "I actually wanted to thank you, Itachi." She spoke softly.

He looked down at her and furrowed his brow.

"For what?"

"For being here." She spoke, sitting herself up. "You're the only one I feel like I can talk to. You're more than my teammate...." She mumbled."You're my best friend, Itachi Uchiha." She spoke, hugging his body.

Itachi's eyes widened at the small girl hugging him. So this is what it felt to have friendship? After all those years of worthless killings... who knew it would come back at a time like this? A kid like this? He wrapped his arms tightly around the girls body.

"Thank you, Itachi." She spoke, pulling away. "I don't know what I'd do without you beside me all the time."

"Me either." He spoke, making her chuckle.

Suddenly, sad thoughts began to fill her head again and she stopped laughing, her smile turning into a frown.

"Itachi?" She asked, lying back down onto her back.

"Hm?"

"Tell me," She began. "Can you ever truly get rid of your emotions?"

Itachi gulped.

"I don't know, [Name]." He spoke, standing up and heading for the door. "And I don't intend to find out."

"Itachi.." She muttered, in attempt to understand.

"Listen, [Name]..." He began, opening the door. "Next month, somethings going to happen..."

[Name] froze. Did this something have anything to do with what Tobi was talking about?

"And, I may not-" He stopped mid sentence. "Just-, check under my pillow next month." He spoke, exiting the room.

"Itachi! When will I know when next month?" She yelled, chasing after him.

Itachi stopped in his steps, continuing to face away from her.

"You'll know when."

And with those last words, Itachi disappeared out from the hallway, leaving [Name] to wonder. What was going to happen?