The Happiest Feeling In The World

Hey guys. 😆
Please tell me if I've made any mistakes! It would be very helpful like I say everyday. 😅 Thanks for reading!

Ash's P.O.V

We ran towards the pizza place... Well, I kinda, technically, dragged Serena the whole way there.

I just wish I could have more of those macarons she made though. Man, those were good.

"There it is!" Serena exclaimed with a smile, pointing over to a building.

I smiled and ran inside, opening the door and Serena entered first, me following her.

"What kind of pizza do you want?" I asked Serena excitedly.

"Pepperoni I guess." She said, taking a seat at one of the tables.

"Cool, I'll be right back."

I happily ran over to the counter to order the pizza, which I did and the person who took my order gave me a card with a 7 on it and told me to wait until that number was called.

I nodded and headed back towards the table Serena was sitting at, and I took the seat facing her.

"What do we do now?" I asked, slightly laughing.

"I don't know..." Serena sweat dropped.

But right then, the front door to the pizza place opened, and someone walked it, leading the bell to ring.

"Serena?" I heard the person who came in behind me yell.

"DAWN?" Serena exclaimed, looking over my shoulder.

I looked over my shoulder to find Dawn standing there, looking over at the two of us.

"What are you doing here?" Dawn asked, walking over to our table, me not knowing if she noticed me yet.

"Um..." Serena looked over at me.

"Huh?" Dawn looked over at me, starring at me for a few seconds and then blinked, turning back over at Serena and leaned over to her and whispered something in her ear.

"Uh-" Serena started, looking down at her feet. "This is... Kinda a date." Serena murmured, a tint of pink appearing on her cheeks as she continued to look at the checkered floor.

Dawn seemed to jump back and then looked back at me. "You guys are-" she blinked and then looked back at Serena. "I can't believe it! Does that mean you two finally admitted your feelings for each other!?"

"Ah-" Serena almost fell back in her seat and then became quiet. "Not exactly..." Serena frowned and looked in the opposite direction of Dawn.

"What do you mean, 'not exactly!?' You two are on a date!" Dawn looked over at me. "Am I right?"

"Uh-" I looked down at my feet and scratched the side of my cheek with my index finger, my cheeks starting to feel warm as I thought back to what happened the night before.

"Ugh, you two are impossible. Serena, you couldn't even tell him your feelings back in 8th-"

Dawn stopped due to Serena jumping from her seat and covering Dawn's mouth with her hand, Serena's cheeks a bright pink.

Dawn pulled Serena's hand off her mouth and asked, "Why in the world did you do that!?"

"You know why!" Serena yelled.

"No, I don't." Dawn lowered her eyebrows. "You guys are dating, you shouldn't be worried about me saying something like that."

"Eh-" Serena's cheeks turned to an even brighter pink after she heard the word 'dating' and sat back in her seat, looking away from me as her hand held her other arm, her cheeks still pink.

"Anyways" Dawn sighed and looked back over at me. "Why did you guys choose a pizza place for a first date?"

"Oh- uh... I don't know." I rubbed the back of my neck.

Dawn laughed and looked at both of us. "I guess it doesn't matter. You guys look cute either way."

I felt my cheeks warm up. I looked over at Serena and saw her looking over at me. Once she saw me looking at her, she blushed and looked away.

"I think I should get going now. I was going to get a pizza, but I might as well leave you two alone." Dawn sighed and walked over towards the door. "See you later Serena, Ash."

And with that, Dawn left, leaving the whole room silent as both me and Serena looked over at the door where Dawn left.

"Well..." Serena looked back over at me, a slight pink still visible in her cheeks. "Sorry about that."

"Nah, it's fine." I gave a nervous smile.

"So..." Serena looked down at her lap. "Does that mean we're..." She stopped.

"Girlfriend and boyfriend?" I asked, my heart beating in my chest uncontrollably, hoping what I said was correct.

"Uh-" Serena looked back up at me. "Y-yeah."

"I... I guess so." I looked away.

"Oh." Serena looked away as well, my heart still thumping against my chest.

"Number 7!" Someone called over towards the counter and I picked my head up, jumping out of my seat and ran over towards the counter with my money in hand.

I handed the person behind the counter the money as I took the box of pizza, which had a few paper plates placed on top of it, and I ran back over towards the table, setting it down in the middle of it.

"FINALLY!" I exclaimed, grabbing the plates and set it in front of me and Serena, taking one and putting directly in front of me and I opened the pizza box, grabbing three slices of pizza and set them down on my plate, my mouth watering.

I took one of the slices of pizza and started to eat it, finally happy to get something to eat.

Serena laughed, leading my heart to melt.

"Don't eat too much, or else you might get a stomach ache."

I swallowed and said truthfully, "I never get a stomach ache."

"That's until you get one that is." Serena giggled, continuing to make my heart melt as she did.

Serena took a paper plate finally and then took a piece of pizza from the box as well, starting to eat it as I already finished my first one, now starting on my second one... To be honest, I wish me and Serena did this everyday. I loved hanging around her. And today, was probably one of the best days of my life. My heart doesn't throb like it did and the weight has finally lifted off of my chest. The person I like is dating me, and she likes me back. It's the happiest feeling in the world.