Do You- Have A Crush?

Serena's P.O.V

"What am I supposed to wear!?" I yelled as I threw down piles of jeans, leggings, skirts, dresses, tank tops, and shirts onto the ground, including all different colored types of hats.

Fenn walked up to me and sat down right next to me, wagging her tail.

Fenn was a lot bigger then 3 years ago, definitely not a puppy anymore. She was a lot taller now, about up to my knees.

"I have nothing!" I closed the closet door and flopped down onto the carpet floor, my expression changing to pondering as I looked up at the ceiling. "I can't go to this party with out anything to wear!" I then looked over at the wall, looking at the clock hanging on the wall. 5:23. Damn, I was running out of time.

Fenn continued to wag her tail as she nudged my arm.

I looked at her and smiled. "Hey girl." I sighed. "Have you ever had a crush on someone?"

Fenn tilted her head, showing that she was confused.

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess you wouldn't know what that means." I started to pet the top of her head, between her ears. "I wonder what it's like being a dog."

After I petted her for another minute, I heard my phone vibrate on my desk in the side of my room.

I stood up and walked over to it.

It was Dawn.

I wouldn't say that she invited herself to Miette's party, but... she kinda did, which don't get me wrong, I was going to invite her. It's just that she pretty much jumped to the conclusion that she was already invited by me since I could invite anyone I wanted.

Iris didn't want to go to the party, saying that it was too childish, while Misty couldn't, since she had to go to this water track meet with her three sisters. I felt bad for her, because everyone knew how her sisters were. May was going though, with Drew, which I was pretty happy about.

I picked up my phone and put in my passcode. I went to my messages, seeing that Dawn asked, "When exactly is the party?"

I looked back at the clock and saw that it was now 5:29. I texted back, "6:45"

"K" She texted and then sent, "Do u have anything to wear? I'm pretty much out of options here for what to wear to the party 😭"

"No" I replied. "I have nothing. I remember that I had an outfit but I can't find it."

"Well I literally have NOTHING I'll text u when I finally find somethin." Dawn texted.

I threw my phone to my bed and started to search through my closet again and nothing showed up, coincidentally. Maybe I should just wear my regular day clothing.

Wait- no. Miette will probably be in a freaking new dress with diamonds on it in this floral pattern for all I know and she would just do it to make me look bad... yeeahhh... I'm defiantly over thinking this.

Miette probably doesn't even know I'm going. It's probably just a regular damn party where no one is going to be dress up... What am I even doing? I've never been to a party, only birthday party's, if you count those.

Heck! I WASN'T EVEN INVITED for goodness sake! Ash was the one who invited me! I don't even know if I'll be kicked out the moment I step in!

I rolled my eyes and then face palmed myself, thinking of all the possibilities that could happen at the party, nudging me towards the option to stay home, but the other options still caught me attention, dragging me towards that option where Ash would be there and it would be the first ever party I would ever go to. Maybe it would be fun?

The other option nudged me again, telling me it would be better if I just stayed home, not worrying or stressing about making a fool of myself in front of all the people who were going to be at the party. Yeah that sounded nice- who am I kidding? I already got myself into this mess.

I sighed and decided to just wear my normal cloths and go to the party.

•~•~• 🍃🍂🍁 •~•~•

I hurriedly took a shower and then got dressed. After I got dressed, I brushed my hair and then waited for Ash at the footsteps of my house.

My mom asked me a ton of questions as I sat there, waiting, which, of course, annoyed the crap out of me.

Eventually a car pulled up in front of my house and thank gah that my mom was inside and wasn't still asking me questions.

I saw Ash, waving at me through the car window in the front seat.

I jumped up from the steps and ran past Mal, still the same healthy horse since 8th grade surprisingly.

I opened the front gate and then closed it behind me, looking back at Ash and gave a nervous smile and headed for the front seat next to him.

"Hey." Ash smiled.

"Hey." I started to play with my hands, as you already know, that's what I do when I'm nervous and right now I'm probably the most nervous I can ever get.

All of this seemed like I was going on a date- wait. Is this a date?

I looked over at Ash, my palms now sweaty. He wasn't dressed up or anything, just in his normal outfit as well.

He looked over at me and I looked out the window, acting like I was totally fine- which I wasn't, my heart pounding against my chest a thousand times per second.

"So... have you ever gone to a party before?" He asked, now driving away from my front yard.

"No." I replied, flatly.

"Me either." He sighed.

An awkward silence came for awhile, until Ash spoke up.

"I know I already asked you if your dating anyone and asked this before, but do you- have a crush on everyone right now?" He asked.

I was thrown back by that. Why does he keep asking these things?

"No." I said, still playing around with my hands. "Do you?"

"Uh-" he looked over at me and then back at the road. "Yeah."

Well that stung. I heard myself wince once he said that.

"Oh- who is it?"

"Just a girl." He said.

"No way, really?" I laughed. "Seriously though, what's her name."

He stopped the car once the stoplight turned red. "I'm not going to tell you." He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Why!?"

"Because- if I do, you'll go out there and start looking for her and tell her that I like her."

"That's a lot of 'her's'. Maybe you should use her actual name."

"Eh- why are you using grammar skills on me?" He laughed with me and continued to drive as the light turned green. "I'm not good with English!"

"Well maybe I can teach you. Say her name in the sentence instead of 'her'." I smiled as we passed by more houses and trees.

"We're here." He pulled up into a neighborhood and immediately knew which house was Miette's.

There were cars everywhere around this one house, a 2 story house with windows smacked all over the house, some people walking into the house, nonstop- or at least that's what it seemed like.

Ash stepped out of the car, me following his actions and felt my hands get sweaty again.

Maybe I should of decided to stay home.