His Smile

Serena's P.O.V

"You still like him!" Dawn jumped up and down as she ran towards me after I stepped out of my Language Arts class.

"What?" I asked, backing up.

"You still have a crush on Ash!" Dawn smiled.

"What!? N- no I don't!" I said as I felt my cheeks heat up once again.

"Yes you do!" Dawn grinned the most I've ever seen her grin, which made me take another step back. "Don't lie to yourself! You obviously still have feelings for him!"

I didn't know what to do, so I denied it, "No, I don't!"

"Jeez. You're stubborn aren't you?" She looked at me.

"And you're persistent aren't you?" I starred back at her.

"Way to play." She laughed. "But seriously, you got to make your move!"

"Make my move?"

"Yeah! Someone might take him away from you!"

"Uh, I don't think it works that way." I sweat dropped.

"You don't want him to move again do you?"

I felt myself flinch, remembering the pain when Ash left.

"Why are we even talking about this?" I sighed.

"Because. That's what friends do." She smirked.

"Mhm." I said sarcastically as I walked over to the cafeteria.

"Oh, come on! It's not like you didn't act like this when I told you about my crush."

I sighed again as I thought about it and said, "Yeah, I guess that's true."

"So now it's my turn." Dawn added, placing her hand over her, as if presenting herself.

"Yeah, sure." I rolled my eyes as I entered the cafeteria.

The whole place was crowded, people coming and going with trays of food just like in junior high, but just with more people.

"Do you see Ash anywhere?" Dawn asked.

"What? Why-" I asked before getting interrupted by Dawn.

"There he is!" She pointed over to one of the lunch lines, Ash there waiting at the end of the line.

Dawn put her hand on my back and pushed me forward.

"What was that for?" I looked back at her.

"It was for being stubborn. Now go talk to Ash or something." She pushed me again.

"Okay! Just stop pushing me! It's annoying." I started to walk towards Ash, realizing my mistake as I neared him.

I took a place in line right behind him, but didn't say anything, my mouth not allowing me to talk.

"Oh, hey Serena!" Ash turned around.

"Uh-" I looked at him, not knowing what to say.

"Why were you sad earlier?" He asked.

"Wh- what do you mean?"

"I mean when I saw you in the hall this morning. Is everything all right?"

"Yeah, everything's fine!" I gave a nervous smile.

"What happened while I was gone?" He asked, fixing his hat.

"Nothing really. You should know that Drew and May are dating, but that's pretty much it." I felt myself talking faster.