"Pretty"

Serena's P.O.V

I exited the front office after talking to the principal. I still can't believe I got stuck in this mess with Ash. Now we have to go to lunch detention for a whole week in Mr. Rowan's class. Not only that, but we had to write "I will not cheat" 200 times every day on a piece of paper! And no, I'm not joking.

"This isn't fair! Why do we seriously have to write 'I will not cheat' 100 times!?" Ash asked.

"It's 200 times." I answered flatly, still trying to ignore him.

"200!? That's insane! What did I ever do wrong?"

"You cheated!" I gave him a glare, my face stern showing that I was still mad at him.

"Well yeah, but it doesn't make sense why we have to go to detention for something like that."

"AGH! You seriously got to take school more seriously Ash! It's not just messing around and listening to teachers speak till their heads fall off! This is for our education and future! I still don't know why I even let you cheat off of me in the first place!"

Ash's P.O.V

It was as if I was punched in the gut a million times after I was caught cheating off of Serena. Maybe I wasn't taking this whole thing seriously, but I didn't know why Serena was so mad. It's not like it's that big of a deal. It's true that I shouldn't of cheated off of her though. To get her in trouble wasn't my intention in the first place, but I guess that's how it turned out.

I decided to keep quiet as we walked back to Spanish class to get our late pass after Serena yelled at me. Another class was in Spanish when we entered, so it was kinda weird. Plus Gary and Paul were in that class, Paul looking the same as always while Gary had the same smirk on his face just like when we were in 8th grade, when I walked in with Serena.

I hid the slip to the office and made my way to the front of the class and asked the teacher for the late slips. There was only 7 minutes left of school, so I don't know why we weren't just sent home, but I guess I can't argue.

The teacher told us to take the slip and give it to Mr. Rowan to show him why we weren't there all class, just in case he got the feeling that we ditched school... which I have seen other students do before, don't get me wrong, but is that really necessary? I mean, come on.

I looked over at Serena, who was probably still mad at me.

She still looked cute when she was angry though.

Serena's P.O.V

My brain still couldn't comprehend that I was walking to class late because I went to the office because I was given detention for a whole week because of "cheating".

Me and Ash continued to walk down the hall until we were ready to take a turn to the right.

"Listen... I'm sor-"

I felt my head bump into something as I turned to the right into the other hallway, sending pain throughout my forehead as I was thrown back from the impact before Ash could finish his sentence and fell to the ground, dropping my binder.

"Ow." I held my head with my hand and looked up to find a boy with black-purplish hair, holding his forehead as well. His hair was almost like Paul's, but darker. He had light blue eyes, same as mine and had on his scruffy, light blue scarf, a black jacket with two side pockets that he always put his hands in and acts all serious, his white and blue undershirt and his baggy black pants that he wears everyday. Alain.

I felt my cheeks become warm. I didn't know why. Maybe because he's the most popular guy in school and blushing out of nervousness because I bumped into him?

"Serena, are you okay!?" Ash asked, looking down at me in concern.

I didn't answer and instead looked over at Alain still lying on the floor, the same as me.

"Uh-" He looked at me. "I'm sorry." He stood back up, releasing his grip on his forehead and held out his hand for me to take.

I took it and he pulled me back up.

"Are you alright?" Alain looked at me in concern.

"Uh... Yeah. I'm fine." I said, wincing at my own hesitation.

Alain looked back over to the side of us and saw my binder lying on the floor and picked it up. He stood back up and handed me my binder, his face blank as he looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, wondering why he looked as if he was in a trance.

Alain shook his head back and forth and then looked back at me. "Eh- nothing... It's just that... you're pretty." He said, giving a nervous, confident smile.

Pretty? He thinks I'm pretty? A boy like him? I felt my cheeks heat up as I thought of such a compliment from a boy like Alain.

"Anyway, I hope I'll see you again sometime soon." Alain walked around me and went down the hall into a classroom.

"He thinks I'm pretty?" I asked aloud. "Wow, he thinks I'm pretty." I cupped the side of my face and blushed.

"You're too overexcited over him." Ash put his arms over his shoulders and created a headrest. "He's thinks too highly of himself. All he does is appreciate himself and himself only." He looked over to the side in the opposite direction of me.

"I don't know. I think he's pretty cute." I said, slightly sighing.

"What do you mean by that?" Ash asked, turning his eyesight back on me.

"Uh- nothing." I looked away as my cheeks continued to become warmer.

Was I actually forming feelings for Alain? Sure he's cute and all, but... that doesn't necessarily mean that I have feelings for him... Right?

Ring, ring, ring

Shoot. School was over already?

The hallway became full of students and I decided to head towards Mr. Rowan, obviously late to class now. I expecting Ash to follow, but once I turned back around after finally reaching class, I couldn't find him anywhere. I wonder if he had to get anything from his locker maybe? I guess I shouldn't question him though. He is Ash.

🍁🍂🍃

✏️ Hey guys. Just a short Author's Note (I hope)

I was hoping that you guys could read my other fanfic that I will be working on called,
"The Storm (Amourshipping)"

I shall be posting the next chapter of it shorty... if I get the chance to finish it today, so I hope you guys can give me your feedback on it! It means a lot!
Thanks so much for reading!
😊   🌾📝