Worst Idea Ever

Ash's P.O.V

"Serena!"

Me and Serena both turned around, finding Dawn running up to us.

"Hey!" Dawn smiled.

"Hi." Serena replied.

"What've you been doing?" Dawn asked.

"Uh. Just standing here."

"What? You've just been standing here!?"

"Yep." Serena took a step back.

Man, she's adorable. That's all I can think about when I'm around Serena. Maybe I should tell her how I feel- but what if she doesn't have any feelings for me. It could ruin our friendship.

"Oh, come on! Come with me!" Dawn begged, walking into the crowd of people, disappearing.

Serena looked up at me and then blushed and looked away, making me realize that I was starring at her- maybe she did like me back?

"Aren't you going to follow her?" I asked.

"Would you follow Gary?" She looked up at me.

"No." I laughed.

"Then that should answer your question." Serena sighed and leaned up against the wall.

A few more minutes passed by until Dawn came by again.

"Are you seriously just gonna stand here!? You can't just do nothing during a party!"

"Yes, I am and I'm totally fine with it." Serena said, smiling.

"That is so not how you spend time at a party." Dawn looked at Serena, upset with her. "Ugh, follow me! Please!" Dawn begged.

Serena stayed quiet, ignoring Dawn.

"Fine! If you want to stay here and miss the fun, I'm fine with that, but I'll be back to see if you've changed your mind." Dawn walked back into the crowd full of groups of people, leaving me and Serena again.

"Maybe we should of followed her." I suggested, laughing.

"Yeah, no way." Serena sighed.

"Hey- um..." I felt my heart race. "Remember when I said I had a crush?"

"Yeah." She looked back over at me, her face showing that she was curious at what I had to say.

Damn. Why did she have to be so cute. "About that-" I scratched the back of my head. "I kinda... have a crush on-"

"Oh, hey Ash!" Miette walked in between me and Serena, interrupting me.

I didn't know if it was good luck that Miette interrupted me or bad luck. I was going to tell Serena that I had a crush on her, but maybe Miette interrupted me for a good reason, like maybe Serena didn't like me back like I did her.

"I was wondering if you could go help fetch more ice for the cooler. The ice is in the freezer." Miette continued, pointing over to a room to the left, which was supposedly the kitchen.

I looked at Miette, confused on why she asked me to go get ice until I finally just just went with it and said, "Okay?" And walked over to the refrigerator.

There was A LOT of other people from my school, all of them just standing there and talking. I passed by all of them, barely able to make my way over to the refrigerator alive. But once I did, I went to the freezer and saw a large bag of ice and grabbed it.

I then walked back over to the room where Miette asked me to get ice, but as I was heading over to it, I heard people gasping, stepping back, laughing, and becoming completely silent.

I saw that everyone was facing one direction, towards the front door, so I looked over people's heads and saw something that I wish I never did.

"Serena?" I looked at Serena, fruit punch dripping down her hair, her eyes full of humiliation.

As I said her name, I saw her grip tighten on the doorknob and turn it. She then pulled the door open and ran out the door.

I saw Gary looking at the same scene as I did, his mouth open in aw and I ran up to him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Miette freaking poured fruit punch on Serena!" He exclaimed, wide eyed.

I pushed through the groups of people, who were now talking crap about Serena.

"Ugh, glad she left."

"How was she even invited to this party?"

"She didn't belong here anyway."

"Wow, did you see the look on her face!" Someone laughed.

"Who the heck was that?"

"Obviously a person who doesn't deserve to live."

I turned around and shouted, "Shut up! All of you just shut up! You all have no right to talk about Serena like that!"

The person who said that Serena didn't deserve to live shouted back, "Are you her girlfriend? Man, she's stupider then I thought."

I felt my heart give out, sending another wave, that spread out something- cold. Not warm, but something cold spread across my chest as I found myself paralyzed from what everyone said.

"AGH!" I walked away from
The crowd, throwing the ice bag to the side and walked out of the door, my feet soon started to speed up until I ended up running down the sidewalk, yelling Serena's name.

Coming to this party was the worst idea ever. I should of never went. And I should of never agreed or invited Serena. All of this was just stupid.