Cheating? Never Again.

Serena's P.O.V

The bell rang... finally out of that dang Spanish class.

Time to go to Social Studies.

It was weird since this was the class that me and Ash spent in for a whole hour during every lunch for a whole week doing nothing but write till our hands hurt.

Once I entered the classroom I sat down in my normal spot as always and looked at the front of the class, spotting Miette. I would really like to call her some names right now, but... I can't.

Class went by faster then I thought until eventually, there was only about 7 minutes left of class.

"Okay class, before you all leave, you will partner up with one person." Mr Rowan said, walking in front of the class. "I will let you all choose anyone in the classroom to work with-"

Everyone yelled out in joy in sync, interrupting Mr. Rowan and looked over at the person they wanted to partner up with- including me. I looked over at Ash, but once I did I sorta realized that I didn't want to work with him. I've realized that ever since he cheated off of me that he doesn't seem to take things seriously and I might as well work my ass off the whole time as he messes around.

Soon the room went quiet again and looked back over at Mr. Rowan who had a very stern face looking down at us as if we were kindergartners.

"As I was saying-" Mr. Rowan continued, "I'm hoping to trust you guys and that you will take this seriously. Don't pick a person that you know your going to mess around during class. Now I'll give you till school ends to find your partner. Once you're done finding that person, you may work on your homework from other classes or wait till the bell rings. Tomorrow you will be coming up to me and I'll write down your names down so I know who's working together and then give you the assignment." He looked around the class. "Questions? Concerns?"

I raised my hand.

"Yes Serena?"

"Are we allowed to work independently?"

"Yes, but you do realize that you'll have to do all the work yourself."

"Yes, I'm fully aware." I said, managing a smile.

"Anyone else?" Mr. Rowan asked, looking around the classroom again.

I raised my hand.

"Serena?" He asked.

"Isn't school almost over? Why are we getting this project?"

"Well- I guess you can call it a project, but I'll explain everything tomorrow. Even why I'm assigning this so late in the school year." He said, walking over to his desk. "Now does anyone else have any questions?"

No one answered.

"Okay then." Mr. Rowan sat down in his leather chair and looked through his computer.

Everyone stayed quite as they sat in their seats and looked at Mr. Rowan, waiting for him to give us permission to go find out partner.

Mr. Rowan looked back at us, wondering why it was so silent.

"Well? Are you going to go?" Mr. Rowan asked, raising his shoulders.

The moment he said that, everyone jumped out of their seat and started talking to the person they wanted to work with.

I stayed in my seat and over at Ash. Maybe I can work with him?

Ash's P.O.V

I looked over at Serena, my heart beating slightly faster then usual. I definitely wanted to work with her on this project or whatever the assignment was.

My mind went back to the last time I worked with her. And the moment I did, I took a mental punch in the face. I should of never yelled at her like that. How stupid was I?

I looked down at my finger that I stapled. I remembered that day so clearly. How she took care of me when I did that. Man, I was stupid back then. Still am probably.

I looked back over at Serena who was looking down at her desk.

I sat up to go ask her be my partner, but then I heard my name.

I turned around to find Miette, that same smile still smacked on her face.

"Ash-" She sat up in her seat and jumped slightly in excitement and joy. "Can you be my partner for this assignment?"

"Uh-" I started. I didn't know what to do. "I don't know Miette... I kinda already have someone in mind to work with." I scratched the back of my head.

"Oh." Miette said, her smile turning upside down as she looked back over at her desk and sat down.

"Eh- listen, I'm sorry. I'll work with you on the next assignment okay?"

She looked back up at me as smile split across her face. "Wow, really?" She clapped her hands together.

"Yeah. Now I'll see you later." I said, grabbing my backpack and then heading over to Serena, trying to not to look back at Miette and hoped that she wouldn't start bawling like she did earlier.

I walked over to Serena who seemed to be writing in her agenda. Man she's beautiful. Wait- wait no, no, no. I got to be serious with this assignment. Serena told me to take school more seriously, so I am. I can't just mess around and make a fool out of myself around her anymore.

I walked up to her desk.

"Um... Serena?"

Serena looked up at me.

"Do you already have a partner?"

"No, but I'm thinking that I might do this project on my own." She said, looking back down at her binder and wrote an answer to one of the questions on a piece of paper in front of her.

"Oh..." I said, disappointed, ready to turn around and work on my project on my own or work with Miette, but then turned back around. "Hey, Serena?"

"What is it?" She asked, looking up at me with her blue eyes.

"I'm sorry about getting you in detention last week." I frowned.

"It's fine." Serena sighed. "Just- just don't try to cheat anymore. And if you can't, don't do it off of me."

"I still can't believe that the Spanish teacher saw me cheating off of you." I said. "And... yeah. I'm sorry. I'll never cheat again. I promise." I said, changing my frown to a smile.

I saw a tint of pink appear on Serena cheeks... Isn't that called blushing? I can't exactly recall what it meant or why people do it. I totally forgot. But I'm pretty sure it has to do something when you have feelings for someone... I guess I should ask Gary what it means again.