Bright Red

Ash's P.O.V

I couldn't believe it. Serena just kissed me. Twice.

I watched her walk away towards her home as I stood there tongue-tied, the flavor of her lips still settling on my own.

I didn't know what to do. All I could do was just keep starring into space as Serena walked away...

I placed my hand on my chest where my heart was placed, it beating ten times more than it probably should.

I put my hand back to my side and began to walk back towards my house as Serena continued to walk away and disappear in the dark of the night, the girl that kissed me...

•~•~• 🍁🍂🍃 •~•~•

I walked up to the front of my house, my mind still sidetracked on how the kiss felt for some reason. I shook my head to try to forget it, and I went to open the door with my keys, but then the door flung open with my mom there waiting for me.

"Oh... Hey." I said flatly and walked into the house.

"While you were gone, Serena came over and wanted to know where you were. From the looks of it she really needed to talk to you. Do you know what she wanted?"

"Oh... n-no. She found me." I said as my cheeks heated up slightly.

"Oh, okay. What did she want?" My mom looked up at me.

"She just wanted... she just wanted to know about the plans for a school project." I lied with a smile.

"But you guys aren't even in school." My mom frowned.

Crap.

"It's a project- for when we come back to school."

"Uh- Alright then. I've made dinner." My mom smiled.

"Is it alright if you could give me a minute?" I asked.

"Oh... I guess." My mom blinked.

I then walked up the stairs and entered my room, locking the door behind me and I jumped on my bed, my mind still messing with me.

What was I supposed to do now? I mean... It's obvious now that Serena likes me back. Shoot. I should of asked Gary about this while I was there. Am I supposed to ask her to be my girlfriend or something? I think so... Or are we girlfriend and boyfriend already? I don't know!

I buried my face into my pillow and growled in anger. This is too complicated.

•~•~• 🍁🍂🍃 •~•~•

{The Next Morning}

I woke up and the first thing I heard was my stomach. Rumbling, telling me that i didn't eat dinner and that I should go eat as soon as possible, but I didn't want to go eat. I wanted to go see Serena instead.

I slumped out of bed and grabbed my phone out of my pocket and started to text her.

I asked, "So when are we going???.... For the date I mean."

It only took about another half a minute or so for her to text back, "I don't know, wherever I guess."

"How about I just walk over to your house and we'll just figure it out along the way?"

"Sure." Serena texted back.

"What time?"

"Anytime."

Man, she wasn't giving me any answers here.

"How about in an hour or so?"

"That's sounds good."

"Cool, see you then." I finally said, leaving the text messages and ran down stairs finding left over ground beef in a pan with two taco shells spread out on a plate on the counter, probably waiting for me through the whole night.

I guess I'm having tacos for breakfast.

Serena's P.O.V

I walked downstairs to find my mom watching t.v, so I snuck into the kitchen and grabbed a pop tart. When I opened the cabinet, my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Ash apparently asked me when and where the date was going to be, which I didn't really care to be honest. I just wanted to be around him.

I sighed and raised my shoulders in some kind of shrug and put my phone back in my pocket as we finished texting each other. I was pretty much already ready for the date. I took a shower, got dressed, made sure I looked alright... Yeah. I mean, it is like 11 o'clock, but knowing Ash, he probably just woke up.

I laughed under my breathe and walked back up the stairs to my room eating the pop tart that was in my hand.

Ash's P.O.V

•~•~• 🍁🍂🍃 •~•~•

I exited the house knowing my mom was probably somewhere around the house waiting for some kind of hint that I was up. She was probably worried since I didn't eat last night.

I began to walk down the sidewalk towards Serena's house, my heart secretly thumping against my chest uncontrollably. Is that normal? Of course it's normal! I've been feeling this way forever, stupid!

I face palmed myself as I walked down the road which obviously looked stupid since I was alone silently walking down the sidewalk.

I eventually made it to Serena's house. I walked up to her front door, and I rung the doorbell, waiting patiently outside until the door slowly opened and I expected Serena, but instead Grace stood there at the door.

"Oh, it's you Ash." Mrs. Yvonne greeted with a smile. "Why are you here?"

"I'm- actually here to pick up your daughter." I said flatly, trying not to sound weird.

"Serena?" Grace blinked.

"Y-yeah." I have a grin.

"Oh, okay then."

Grace shut the door and after a few seconds Serena opened the door with Grace right behind her.

"Hi Ash." Serena gave a small smile and walked of the house and was about the close the door behind her, but then Grace opened it all the way, so Serena couldn't reach the handle, leading Serena to sweat drop and ask, "What is it?"

"Oh, nothing." Grace gave a wide smile.

"Eh-" Serena walked over to me, about to walk away from her house, but then Grace started to talk which led her to stop in her tracks and sigh.

"Take care of my daughter." Grace gave me a smile.

"I will." I smiled laughingly.

"Also, Serena don't do anything naughty!" Grace yelled over my shoulder.

I saw Serena's posture tense and then turned back around. "MOM!"

"What? I'm only saying." Grace laughed and then closed the door without saying anything else.

"AGH." Serena run back up to me with her cheeks flaring a bright red. "Come on!" She said, taking my hand and dragged me away from the porch and out the gate onto the sidewalk.

"W-where are we going?" I asked as she continued to drag me down the street.

"Away from my mom." Serena said, closing her eyes and lowered her eyebrows with her cheeks still a bright red.

Well yep. 😐.... 😂 I posted the first chapter to "The Returning Of Old Friends (Amourshipping)" I hope you guys like it? 😅