Speechless

Ash's P.O.V

After Serena raced around the track a couple more times, finally done with her training, she put Snowflake and Chestnut back into their stalls, making sure to leave them food and water and changed back into her regular clothing.

I made sure put away my hat too and put back on my favorite hat which I missed throughout the whole day.

We said goodbye to the horses before we left the track and stadium and went back to the truck we came in.

Everyone sat in the spots we did before and Serena's mom drove us back to their house.

•~•~• 🍁🍂🍃 •~•~•

"We're finally back!" Serena exclaimed, opening the car door next to her and jumped out of the car seat happily.

I sighed and opened the car door next to me and stepped out, finding that we were back in front of Serena's house.

"Hey, Ash. Are you going to be staying for a while or are you leaving?" Grace asked, stepping out of the car with the keys to the truck in hand.

"I think I should head back home." I frowned, looking up at the sky above me where the unset was now slowly taking affect as it lowered back down into the earth.

"You know, if you want, I can drive you back to your house.

"Nah, that's alright. My house is just a couple blocks away." I flashed a smile.

"Okay then, but you're welcomed anytime." Mrs. Yvonne sighed as she started to walk back to the front door of the house.

Serena walked over to me with a smile on her face.

"Hey." I smiled back. "I guess I'll get going."

"Before you go, just promise me that you won't try to participate in a horse race." Serena laughed.

"Oh-" I put my hand behind into my hair and scratched the back of my head, closing my eyes. "Yeah, don't worry I promise that I won't-" but then I paused as I felt something against my cheek.

I opened my eyes to find Serena giving me a kiss on the cheek, making my cheeks inflame into the color of a ruby.

Serena pulled back and looked up at me with a smile. "I hope you keep that promise."

"I- I..." I tried to say something as I stayed frozen in the same stance when Serena kissed my cheek, my hand still buried in my hair as I continued to blink more times then I probably should.

Serena giggled and shot a smile up at me again. "I'll see you around."

She then turned back around and headed back into her house, leaving me there speechless as I continued to look at where she once stood, my hand still placed on the back of my head as if I was paralyzed.

I turned back around towards my house as I let my hand leisurely slide back down to my side, my eyes still focusing on nothing as my cheeks stayed the color of scarlet.

I walked back home, my mind still trying to apprehend what happened.

Soon I was finally able to hesitantly and slowly move my hand up to my cheek where Serena kissed me and a small smiled appeared across my face. Does Serena... Does Serena like me?

(Here's a puzzle for you guys! If you can figure out what the emojis mean before it says P.O.V, you guys will be able to tell who's point of view it is in. 😜 Good Luck!)

♠️
🍭
ℹ️
🍎
🆕

♠️🍭ℹ️🍎🆕's P.O.V

I turned over around the corner of the last house on the block and saw a truck pull up in front of a house.

I'll leave off because if I go any farther, you guys will be able to tell who this person is. 😋