Happy Together

January 1,2012

Ariadne's POV

I walked through the house. It was my birthday. 37 years old. I looked at a picture of Adrian and Ariana. I couldn't believe it was two years since Marshall and I went our separte ways. It's just I was tired of playing house with him. I was tired of pretending to be his wife. I was tired of everything. We had joint custody and He had them this week and I had them next week. I had rekindled a old flame. I walked to the room and looked at Leo sleeping soundly.

"Leo." I said nudging him softly. He looked at me and smiled.

"Happy Birthday, my beautiful angel." He said tracing along my jaw with his thumb and index finger.

"Thank you." I said smiling. We walked to the living room and he jogged to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast. There was a knock at my door. I tightened my robe and walked to the door being surprised by the person there.

"Marshall." I said quietly.

"Why did we have to break up?" He asked. I took a step outside and closed the door.

"I hated being just your girlfriend, Marshall. I mean Kim was your wife twice and where was my wife chance huh? Why did I have to be hurt to get the message through your head?" I asked looking at the pabs.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"You're sorry that I caught you with her." I said hearing a click.

"What's he doing here?" Leonardo asked.

"He was just leaving." I said walking in and Leo walked out and winked to me. I closed the door and watched and listened through the window.

"Why do you keep running back to her? She's now the mother of your children nothing more, nothing less." I nodded and heard another click. Well shit pabs where loving this. I looked out at the blue sky and the white snow.

"Actually Marshall I see, I learn. I saw you running between two completely different women. I learned that she can juggle so many things at once before dropping everything for the person she loves the most and right now that's me." Leo said looking at me.

"Ariadne, I'm so sorry." Marshall said, "I never wanted any of this to happen." I looked at them and just let myself detach. I walked outside with them and looked Marshall dead in the eyes.

"I don't love you anymore." I said, "Go home. It's not even my week to be with the kids so, go home." I didn't mean to sound so dull but, he got the message. He turned around and Leo hugged me.

"I love you, Nay." Marshall said turning around one more time. I looked at him and my heart melted on the spot. I walked in confused. Leo sat down with me and smiled.

"Look sweetheart." He said taking me out on the porch. I looked at him and at a green light that lit up a dock across from me. As he spoke he didn't see I was drifting farther apart from him and everybody.

So it's a filler because, I'm working on Inception: The Dream Team and going to see The Great Gatsby in 20 minutes so next chapter it'll be better.