Nobody Business

April 19,2006

Ariadne's POV

So today we have to say our goodbyes to Proof and I'm not ready. I got Adrian ready and he wouldn't stop crying. "I know baby." He screamed. I held him close to my chest. He swung his arms and screamed. "Marshall." I said. He walked in his suit and picked him up. I put his binki in his mouth and grabbed my bag. Marshall drove us there and we walked in. Hailie, Aliana, Whitney, and Kim were standing together. I walked over to them. The three beautiful girls stood looking at me. Aliana walked me first, then Whit, then Hailie. I shook in their arms. We all took our seats and Marshall and I sat in the second row behind Deshaun's family. I promised his family I would speak first. They called my name and I walked up there with Adrian in my arms. "Goodmorning," I said my tears rolling straight down my face, "I remember when I was 14 and He looked at me and said 'Whenever you need me.... I'll be there.' I being so young didn't realize that He was quoting a Michael Jackson song." They exploded in laugher. "I thought he meant it- excuse me I knew he meant it because he was that type of person, a protector and he did protect me even in his last seconds. I remember I couldn't go to the hospital that day because, I was scarred, a punk, I realize that me being a coward is what leaves me standing here. At this moment I know he's watching me from up above, and my son." I handed Adrian the rose and he put it in the casket. People erupted into tears. I called the next name on the list which was Marshall and I stayed up there with him. He started sniffing then, talking,

"I can't, I can't feel my um, my friend leave without me sayin my peace and um

I know its been really, really trying on everybody you know,

Our group, Our friends, Our loved ones, everybody,

I'm suppose to give you an idea that,of the the kind of, Proof, Deshaun that i knew,

that when I was 16 years old, He took a pair of shoes

And He threw em at my feet and He said 'Put those on

and I said 'Put em on for what?'

And He said 'Cause I'm tired of you wearing them dirty ass shoes!'" They laughed. "I apologize for cursing in Chruch." He grabbed his flower and placed it next to Proof. He pulled a ring out is pocket and placed it on his finger. "Nathan, found it. I'm sorry my mom stole it but, he found it." He said softly. Marshall turned his head so his tears wouldn't get on his suit. I walked to him, hugging him. I was hyperventalating. We sat down together and I closed my eyes tight and cried. Marshall rubbed my back and held Adrian who was sleeping soundly. When it was over I stood up and grabbed Adrian and was going to leave when Marshall grabbed me. He walked me to my car and we drove to the burial site with Police escort. But in the car he asked me something I didnt think I would hear. "You know I love you, and how much I need you right now, and I was thinking can you move back in with me?" He asked checking that the little man was okay. "Of course. I miss the girls a lot." I said leaning my seat back. I closed my eyes and turned on my iPod. I picked These Drugs by D12 and listened to it. I wished Proof could be driving right now and we could still be going out to party. I looked at Adrian who's head was turned slightly so he could sleep in comfort.

July 7, 2006

Christina and Jessica looked at me. "So you're really doin' this?" They asked. "Christy, Jessi look Marshall and me thought on it and we figured 'Hey we need each other' co-parenting is hard on two people who are deeply in love with each other. I do the most ridiculous things for him and he does the most for me." I said placing the bed in the moving truck. Adrian was with Marshall so, I could pack. I placed all the boxes in the truck and walked into my now empty room. I breathed in the air and looked at all the memories we had built up in 11 months and 14 days. I looked at Adrian's nursery, also empty and smiled. Me and Proof had remodeled it and made everything nice. "It's so empty." A familar voice said taking me in a embrace. "I know." I said kissing Marshall. Adrian was playing with his toy on the floor. "I'm ready." I said holding his hand. "Okay." He said grabbing Adrian and we walked out into the car. I walked inside and me and the girls hugged tightly. "I love y'all." I said hugging them even tighter. After saying goodbye a couple of times I got in the car.

Home

After putting some of my stuff in storage we unpacked quickly and chilled waiting for Kim to drop off the girls. I decided to get in my swimming suit, I grabbed Adrian and put him in his swimsuit and floaties. I carried him down the stairs with me and walked into the pool with him. "Wawa." He said feeling the water. "Is it cold?" I asked. "Yes." He said. I set him down and he started screaming until he realized he was floating. I grabbed his hand and started swimming with him. "Mama." He said as I took him out. "Yes." I said wrapping him in a blanket. "Cold." He said. I laid him on me and laid against the beach chairs. We fell asleep in the middle of the day and woke up at night. I stood up, him in my arms and walked up stairs. "NAY!" The girls screamed. "Hey girls, can I have a favor?" They nodded. "Can you give him a bath and when you finish can you bring him to our room?" I asked. They smiled and Aliana took him from me. "Thank you." I said walking into my room weak. I had another dream about Proof and it wasn't like I could tell Marshall. I walked into the bathroom and the shower was running. "Marshall." I said undressing. He opened the shower door and I slipped in with him. "How'd you sleep?" He asked incasing me in a hug. "Good." I said washing the chemicals out my hair. He washed it out for me and did four quick braids. Yes, if the man can cut his own hair and take care of three girls for a year when Kim was out hell yeah he can braid my hair. I leaned against him and he set his head on mine. "I miss him." He said. I looked at him a nodded. "Anytime you need me I'm here." I said pointing at his head and heart.