Get It Over With

Ariadne's POV

3 months later

I was sitting in bed with Adrian and was trying to calm myself down. "Where is Daddy?" I asked him kissing his cheek. He smiled and leaned deep into the bed. Marshall wasn't picking up his phone and he hadn't seen Adrian in the past two months. I got checks in the mail every weekend. But, no Marshall. Still. So I tried calling for the ninth time.

"Hello."

"Marshall where have you been?"

"I've sent checks."

"REALLY. CHECKS ARE GOING TO LET YOU HAVE TIME WITH YOUR SON? Marshall please tell me you don't think that."

"I don't it's jus-"

"IF YOU HAVE TIME FOR THREE LITTLE GIRLS THEN YOU HAVE TIME FOR MY SON!" I screamed just as Christina and Jessica walked in. They watched him for me as I walked outside.

"That's no-"

"Get here in 20 minutes I'm not playing."

"Okay."

20 minutes later

I sat on the couch rocking him back and forth as the girls cooked dinner in the kitchen. He wouldn't stop crying. "Oh come on." Finally there was a knock on the door. I put my hair in a ponytail and put him in his bassinet. I walked to the door and opened it. "Hey." He said. "Hi." I said moving to the side. "How you doin'?" He asked looking me in my eyes. "I'm good." I said smiling. I picked Adrian up and handed him to Marshall. Almost as soon as he saw him he stopped crying. "Hey." He said holding him in his arms. "I'm sorry." He said to him kissing him on the nose. I walked to my room and slid under the covers crying. I heard the door creek open. "Ariadne." Marshall's voice carried through. "Yes." I asked. "Can I take him with me,So the girls can see him? I have everything set up." I looked at him. "Are you all right?" He asked sitting next to me. I shook my head and leaned against him. "What's up gorgeous." "I miss us Marshall. I'm a nervous wreck I can barely take care of our son without the stuggle." He grabbed some tissues and handed them to me. He snuggled with me under the covers. "I miss you too. I love you still but, Kim we're in love with each other." my heart broke and my tears stopped. I crawled from him and went to pack a overnight bag. I grabbed Adrian and kissed his soft skin. I looked at Marshall. "Bring him back tomorrow." I said. "I love you baby boy." I said kissing Adrian's forehead before putting him in the car seat. "Be careful with him." I said smiling. "I will." Marshall said walking out side.