On Our Way

January 15,2006

I woke up and Adrian was crawling on my stomach. I looked up at window and started crying. My phone started ringing.

"Hey." Marshall said.

"Morning." I said.

"What's wrong?" He said.

"I don't want you to marry her." I said tears pouring out.

"I know." He said.

"I'll be there." I said hanging up.

I grabbed Adrian and got him in his suit. "Hi baby!" I said. "Mama." He hopped on the bed. I got in my lavender dress. I picked up Adrian. I put him lightly in the car seat handing him his bottle.

Chruch

I brought Adrian to Marshall's Dressing Room. Deshaun was sitting quietly on the floor. "Hey Dee, where is he?" He pointed to the closet. I handed him Adrian and walked to the closet door. "Marshall." I said, he unlocked the door. "He-" He cut me off dragging me in locking the door. "What are you doing?" "Please I need this." He said. "Marshall." He pulled up my dress. "You said it was mine." He said leaning me against the wall. "I'm sorry." I said pushing him. "Thanks a lot." He said I rolled my eyes and we walked out. "What the fuck were y'all doin'?" Deshaun asked. "I needed some." I gave him the evil eye. "Really the day of your wedding." "I don't love her no more." "So why are you not marrying her?" Deshaun asked. I looked at Marshall and a sudden breeze of anger hit me. "He's playing me!" I screamed. "Woah." Marshall said. "You've been playing me and now that I think about it, IT'S NOT MY WEDDING SO BYE MARSHALL!" I got Adrian pulled together. I dashed down the hall like the Dashnel I am and I was grabbed from behind. I screamed shocked by the sudden force. "Its just me." Deshaun said. I turned around and looked at him. "This little marriage ain't gon work." I looked at Adrian. "Little Man can attend, tell Marshall I'm fine I'ma go to his house and get the after party set up." I smiled at Deshaun. "Okay." He said picking up Adrian. "I love you baby." I said kissing Adrian's cheek. I walked out and was hit with flashes. "Hey Ariadne!" A reporter said. "Hi." I said walking to my car. I drove to the house and walked in. I was tempted to go upstairs and so I did. I walked to the closet and pulled down a box. I looked at a picture he took of me three years ago, he kept all my letters, all the cards, he kept a copy of our scrapbook. He kept everything. I neatly put everything back and walked to the back and started cooking the food for everybody. I set up the tables and when I was done everyone walked in.