Runnin'

March 29,2008 (17 weeks and a day)

I crawled under the covers. I felt her moving around and I was just laying there. Adrian was laying next to me. The phone rang, and it rang, and it rang, it rang until I grabbed it and answered it.

"Hello." I said wiping drool off my arm.

"Hey Nay." Marshall said.

"Hi baby." I said rubbing my baby bump.

"How are you guys?" He asked just as Hailie, Alaina, and Whitney walked in.

"We're good, we just miss you a lot." I said as all the girls cuddled up next to me.

"It's only twenty more days and then I'll be home." He said into the phone.

"I love yous." I said kissing the phone.

"I miss your sugars, Sugar." He said.

"I miss yours too, oh the girls are in here did you wanna talk to them?" I asked smirking.

"Yes please." He said quietly. I put it on speaker and they said,

"Hey daddy!"

"Hey babies." He said, his voice cracking.

"We miss you." They said bunching up to the phone to make sure they heard each and every word. Adrian climbed over them.

"Dad. Daddy, my birthdate is in four days." Adrian said smiling.

"Oh man I forgot little man, I'm sorry." Marshall said, I forgot also. What am I going to do?

"I love you dad." They all said tears falling.

"I love y'all too." He sniffled. My eyes were watery but, Adrian was wiping them away for me.

"Mama stop crying." He said.

"Nay." Marshall said.

"Yeah." I said kissing Adrian.

"Pick your head up, little soldier." He said kissing the phone again.

"Okay." I said taking the phone off the speaker.

"Thank you, how's the baby doing?" He asked.

"She's fine, I'm fine."

"You don't sound like it." He said dully.

"I promise baby." I said.

"I gotta go." He said.

"Bye baby." I said hanging up. I looked at the girls and they smiled at me. I kissed their cheeks and they laid with me and they wept. I tucked them in and walked downstairs. I walked outside in my robe, I jumped in the water and leaned back. I let the coolest hit me, and rubbed my belly. Soon it didn't bother me anymore and that's when I got out. I ran in the house and grabbed the sweater. I hopped in the shower and looked at a picture of us in a frame on the wall. It was on the set of 8 Mile and he had introduced me into Brittany Murphy, very bubbly, very sweet. We were standing together, our noses touching, and a grin on our faces. I placed my hand on my bump and let my mind go blank.