Sideways

"She WAS pregnant but, she miscarried." He mumbled. I held my head and ran upstairs to my room. I picked the napping girls up and took them to their rooms. Demetre and Alicia had moved out and so did Deshaun. So that left just enough rooms for Alaina and Hailie and a guest. I cleaned up my room and took a quick shower letting the water run through my thoughts. I thought back to the day my boyfriend Earnest nearly killed me.

Flashback

I walked into the apartments and was swept off the floor by my neck and thrown into the back of my house. "Leelee!" I screamed seeing her blood on the floor a gash on her head and neck. I was throw outside and he picked me up by the neck and had me floating from the balcony. "EARNEST STOP PLEASE!" I cried and shouted. "YO y'all see that?" I hear some kids yelling. "DUDE STOP!" One of them ran into my room. "We got a pulse still." What were they doctors? I felt his arms wrap around mine and he sat me down leaving.

Present

I turned off the water and put on a blue shirt, blue jeans, and I curled my hair. I had some basketball tickets for tonight and Leo was coming with me. I walked down to the living room. There was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I asked. "L." I opened the door and looked at Leo. I hugged him. Even if I just got home it was always nice to be by someone you łø- I mean I liked. "You got a nice house." He said smiling. "Thank you." I said holding his hand. I walked him to Marshall and Kim's room. "Marshall." "Yes Nay?" "I want you to meet my boyfriend." Marshall popped up. "Eminem is your friend?" "Leonardo DiCaprio is your boyfriend." They said at the same time (at the same damn time.) "Yes." I said wrapping my arms around Leonardo. Hailie and Alaina walked in. "Hi Mr.DiCaprio." They said shaking his hand. "This is my goddaughter Hailie and Alaina." I said. "Can I see where I'm supposed to sleep for the next month?" I nodded. I walked him into my room. "There are three empty drawers you can unpack in." I said laying in bed. He nodded. "Babe I got something for us." "And what would that be Hun?" He asked laying next to me. "Basketball tickets." I said pulling them out my pocket. He kissed me grabbing one. "Thank you." He said. "You're wel-" "MA! I made a stick fixture." Hailie said. "I like it baby. But, it's called a figure honey." "Ooh." She said crawling in between me and Leo. She laid on my chest. "Ma why can't mommy and daddy get along?" I put my head on hers. "See Hail they can't get along because, they have issues that don't have to do with you sweetheart." Leo looked at me calmly. She simply nodded before crawling out of the bed and running into the next room. I laid my head on his chest. "You wanna get ready?" He nodded and we both stood up at the same time. I did my make-up. He came out in a white and blue shirt. "You ready?" I asked. He nodded. We walked to the car and left for the game.

3 days later

I felt happiness as I read the headline, "Happy New Couple? Leonardo DiCaprio and Ariadne Dashnel." I brought a copy of the magazine and a lady was looking at the same thing. "That Leonardo DiCaprio I'm getting tired of him. Aren't you?" She asked. I nodded and pulled my hat down low. I grabbed some strawberries or as Hailie calls it 'Strawburys.' and I grabbed some gummy bears, and jelly beans paying for the stuff and rushing home. I pulled out the magazine and read the article.

"The couple has been seen around Detroit and Hollywood. A close friend of Leonardo has said 'She's all he talks about. If it's not everyday then it's every other day. It's clear he really likes her.' She was seen just 3 days ago going to a basketball game in the D and the biggest part - Leonardo went with her. 'They are going back and forth to each others houses, I met her and she's just an amazing person. They go with each other and take random videos and pictures. But, I know he's not ready to settle down and niether is she.'" I closed the article and walked into the house. Marshall and Leo were sitting on the couch talking causally. "Hey guys." I said looking at them. They waved before continuing the conversation. I handed Leonardo the magazine and walked into the kitchen. Hailie was coloring at the table and Alaina was doing her homework. Leo walked in smiling at the girls before walking straight to me. "How do you feel?" "Good." I said putting my hands in his and looking him in the eyes. He kissed me and I kissed back only letting go when the girls screamed out 'Ewww." "I'mma go take a nap." He winked. Smitten I followed him. "Marshall, take the girls to the park." I said chasing Leo upstairs. He disappeared down the hall. "Leo, honey." I felt a hand go over my mouth and myself being dragged into my bedroom. I crawled on my bed and Leo kissed me putting the covers over our head.

45 minutes later

I laid on his chest listening to his heart. He played with my hair as I felt on his warm, baby soft skin. I looked at him. His eyes closed and he hummed to the music in the background. I grabbed my robe and slipped it on before sliding out of bed. I held on my Tiffany's necklace and walked downstairs. Marshall and the girls walked in. He saw my face and busted out laughing. "Ooh I know that face." He laughed again. "Shut up." I said putting my hair in a bun. Hailie ran to me and hopped in my arms. "Ariadne." Leonardo's voice traveled. "Hi." "I know that face." Marshall laughed and Leo stood there looking at me with a smirk. "MARSHALL!" They laughed. I ran upstairs and l laid on the floor. "Ms. Dashnel." "If I had I daughter I would name her Chanel!" He laughed. "What if you had a son?" "I would name him Dominick." I said standing up. "Cute." He said kissing me. "Thank you."

2 weeks later

I came home from a job to find Leo packing. "What's goin' on?" "It's time for me to go home." "I don't wanna be here with Marshall by myself." "Then come with me darling." I grabbed all the clothes from my drawer and threw them in a suitcase. "MA!" Hailie screamed. I turned around and looked at her. "Hi baby." I said picking her up. "Where you are going?" "I'm going with Leo for a little but, I'll be back soon baby I promise." "Can I come?" "No,I'm sorry baby. I promise I'll be back real soon." I said. She sat on the floor and started crying. "HAILIE JADE SCOTT!" I shouted picking her up. She tucked her head in her shirt and screamed. I put my hair in a tight bun and tucked her under the covers. "I'ma go call Marshall." I said walking out.

"Marshall." I said annoyed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Where the hell are you? I have a plane to catch at 8:30. And it's 7:45."

"I'm in New York."

"NEW YORK!" I screamed, "WHAT IN THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?"

"Stop yelling, look can you take her with you?"

"MARSHALL!"

"Ariadne."

"Im going to be in Cali a while."

"It's fine."

"I need to go." I hung up.

"Fuck." I mumbled. "So what are we doin'?" He asked. "Well he's in New York with Kim and I could call Demetre and Alicia-Alaina but, they live a hour away so we gotta take her." He frowned. "You okay? I mean your entire face is red sweetheart." I pulled him out. "I love Hailie I do, but I'm too young to have to take care of his kid." I whispered. "Yeah I know but, I brought the ticket for her and we need to go." He said slipping his coat and Hailie's on. I threw some of Hailie's clothes in my purse and we ran into the car. I grabbed her car seat and somehow the last thing I remember is collapsing in a plane seat.

When I finally woke up Leo had his head on mine, which was on his chest, and Hailie's head was on my lap. "Ms. Dashnel." I looked up at a flight attendent. I stretched. "Yes." "Would you be interested in any drinks before we land in 30 minutes?" "Yes a water for me and my boyfriend and a bottle of milk for my daughter." I said. She nodded walking away. "Leo." I said nudging him. "Yes Sweetheart." He mumbled. "I got us some water so wake up. He looked at me smiling. "Thanks." He said taking the cold water from the attendent. I woke up Hail and she fell back asleep sipping on the warm milk. "She's a cute kid." He said looking at me. "Yeah." I said my head pounding.

Welcome To LAX

I picked up Hailie and Leo and I rushed to baggage claim. Paparazzi chasing us and micphones placed in our faces. "LEONARDO!" "ARIADNE!" "Y'ALL ARE CUTE BUT, WHO'S KID IS THAT?!" I put my hat on Hailie and pulled down on it so they couldn't see her face. Leonardo helped me get the carseat into the back swiftly. I put the suitcases in the trunk and he strapped her in, closed the door, and started the car as we drove swiftly out the airport pick up line.