☙ s e v e n t y - t h r e e

Börja om från början

With memory or not, he still killed my brother. He killed Christian to save his own skin and had the nerve to lie to me about it.

Bad people deserve to die.

So I'm guessing I'm bad too.

"When can I see Harry?" I ask, refusing to dwell on the fact that Zayn was dead. It has nothing to do with me in the first place. He isn't my friend.

I open my eyes again, seeing Niall's face twisted in sadness but when he sees me looking, he wipes his expression clean. "Right now, if you want. I guess the sooner you tell him you're dying, the sooner he can throw himself off of the rooftop." He tries to joke, but his statement makes my heart tighten.

"What?" I chocked.

"You really think that man's going to want to live when he finds out you're going to die in a few hours?" He says, eyebrows raised as if he thought this was something I should have already known.

"Harry won't kill himself." I say firmly, trying to convince myself as well as Niall. Honestly, both Harry and I aren't stable. This war has done us so much damage and our only anchor that still remains strong is each other - which scares me now that I think about it.

Niall doesn't speak, but it's clear that he knows I didn't believe what I just said. He likes doing that, confusing me. It was really annoying how he says things as if they were already obvious, when in truth I wouldn't even notice these things if he didn't say anything.

Eventually Niall gets up from the side of my bed, mumbling under his breath. "I should go get Harry before the poison kills you."

Oddly enough, I'm not scared at all. I'm angry. I'm always angry, but this time I think I actually have the right to be. I'm not angry because of what Louis has done, but because all this time I had been thinking that I will make it through this war, that I will be well and alive, and that Harry will be too. I'm angry because all I wanted was to live happily for once in my life with Harry and Lea, and others who love me.

I'm angry because now I know I won't be able to get that.

I'm angry because this damn war's taken a lot of things from a lot of people.

"What did you lose?" I ask out loud just as Niall was about to leave.

His body freezes, and for once I think he was about to give me a straight answer. "Mia." Is all he says before leaving.

It was only when the door closes and I'm alone did I remember who Mia actually was. Brown hair, skin, and eyes. Short build and a usual flat tone.

She was the girl who I made a promise to.

I remember Niall saying he did all of this planning for revenge and his family, but recalling that moment only added more confusion for me. Were Mia and Niall related? They don't look like it at all, if they were. Did Niall ever say anything about being adopted, I think he did but with the haze covering my mind it was too hard to dig through the memories stored in my head.

The doors slam open before I could even think of anything else. A flushed, messy Harry stood panting by the doors as the light from the corridor allowed me to see his reddened, puffy green eyes.

"Anna." He breathes, as he practically jumps onto the bed and presses his lips to mine immediately.

Despite the pain inside my body, I reach my hand up, fighting against the stiffness, and run my hands through his hair as I kissed back. His lips on mine felt like heaven, and if I were to die I would wish for nothing more than to be able to watch over him.

"Are you alright?" Harry breathes as he pulls back, rolling over to the side of the bed and pulling me to his chest.

You really think that man's going to want to live when he finds out you're going to die in a few hours?

Niall's voice comes back into my head. "I'm fine. In pain but fine." I say, forcing a smile onto my face.

He stared into my eyes, I know he can sense that I'm lying, but something in his mind wants to believe that I was really fine, that I wasn't dying, and that's just how people work; we believe what we want to. And so Harry nods, pressing another kiss to my forehead before holding me close again. "I love you." He says.

"I love you too, Harry Styles." I say, meaning every single letter because I knew that that may have been the last time I will ever say those words.

He seemed content with it as he held me in his arms in the silence of the room, but I wasn't. I wanted to hear his voice as much as I could before I...leave.

"Do you believe in God, Harry?" I ask a question on the top of my head.

I feel him shake his head, his chin rubbing on my hair. "I'm not a religious person. I don't like the idea of someone else controlling my life." He says.

"Then what do you think happens to us when we die?" I ask him, tilting my head up, because I realize hearing his voice isn't enough. I needed to memorize him until my brain refuses to function.

He shrugs his shoulders as best as he could while still holding me. "I don't know. We'll find out when we're old and gray."

The smile the lights up on his face broke my heart in two. I felt like bursting into tears right then and there, but I didn't want to worry him. I brushed his answer off as if it didn't completely shatter me. "But do you think it'd be the cliche heaven and hell? Angels and devils? Harps and pitchforks? Fire and clouds?" I question.

He shrugs again. "I already said, Anna, I don't know." He says, this time he seemed bothered, as if all my questions about death was getting to him.

"How about reincarnation? Some people believe in that." I say. Which was true. Many people do believe in being reborn, while as many also believe in the heavens in the sky. People often argue about it too, although truth is none of us will ever know because those who do aren't exactly able to tell the tale anymore.

Harry sighs, bringing me closer to him once more and tucking my head under his chin. "I don't know, Anna." He says again. "But if it will give us another chance then I'd love to believe in it."

That was a nice picture. A different life. A new start - a less messy start. Another try with Harry.

"If it was real, do you really think we'd get another shot?" I ask him. If I were to die now, and still meet Harry in my supposed next life, then it wouldn't be too bad at all. It kind of made me eager to close my eyes and never open them again.

"I sure hope so." He says

"I hope so too." I reply, before finally drifting off to sleep.

_________________

Idek what I just wrote. Apart from saying Anna's dying and the Mia/Niall plot twist this is a filler lol.

Q's 4 u:

1. Guesses on Niall/Mia thing?

2. Apple or android? (I'm starting a civil war lol)