Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

So apparently no one had any better idea. Normally that would make me happy… but since this plan is a matter of life and death, I’m a little worried… ok maybe not a little worried, more like Oh my gosh, I have the fate of hundreds of people in a plan I made in 2 minutes… I might piss my pants! Yah, that’s more along the lines on what I was thinking.

“Ok Travis, we have Joel, and Sam looking for the place where the draft is coming in and when they find it, they have a bunch of guys who will help them block it off.” Lance yelled to me as I nodded and gave him a thumb up before I shot 3 more Grimm’s dead.

“Man, you’re getting even better.” Lance says, I can hear the jealousy in his voice, but all in all we are awesome friends. I still like the compliments even though I know I’m awesome!

“Have you heard how Clint has been doing?” I yell at him, hoping he will hear.

“Nah, they keep the people in the infirmary pretty under wraps so no one knows who is in and who is out.” Lance yells back as he shoots at a Grimm. It was a shot to late, I could tell when Lance fell that the Grimm had swiped him before it died. I ran up to him.

“You wanna fall back?” I ask, concerned that this is his 4th time getting swiped.

“And miss this? Not for the world.” He replies as a half-smile lit his eyes. I smile back as I pull my hood over my eyes a little more, even though Lance knew about my eyes, if anyone else caught a glimpse of them then I would be dead.

“The draft has stopped!” THE DRAFT STOPPED!” A soldier yelled as he emerged from the ‘hole’. Suddenly right after he said that, the ‘hole’ didn’t glow out green light. Everyone enters. I guess they missed the part of the plan were we wash out all the poison, but then again, how would we do that?

When we entered the ‘hole’ it smelt like a sewer, although, half the soldiers by now did so everyone was pretty much used to it. No one dared touch the walls, that would be instant death. It was so crazy in there, you could see pairs of hundreds of green eyes. You saw them, you shoot them, that’s pretty much the motto.

When we got through to the main part of the ‘hole’ there was a big green cube, with liquid inside. We went through to where all the Grimm’s were so all we had to do was destroy the ‘hole’.

“That’s the supply of toxin” Lance whispers and points towards the cube.

“That’s all?” I ask.

“Yeah, other than the stuff on the walls that got drifted over there.” Lance says, worried Grimm’s would find us so he had his gun ready.

“Let’s get everyone outta here!” I told Lance.

“But we just got here.” Lance whispered back confused.

“The toxin would kill the Grimm’s right?” I ask Lance, ignoring him.

'Yeah, at this amount it could kill anyone…what are you doing?” Lance asks confused why I would ask that.

“I have a plan, get everyone out of here!” I yell at him, hoping he would take me seriously. He listened as he hurried everyone out. Then he looked back, heading towards me to stay.

“Go! Trust me!” I yell after him, scared of my plan but it could be the only way to save these people.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so! what do you think Travis has planned?