Chapter 9

• Dedicated to Nikki S

Chapter 9:

With little Ginger running beside me, holding my hand we run as fast as we can, trying to escape the Grimm’s. Running down several streets, around blood covered corners. Ginger slowing down I put her on my back and run. Finally I see a hatch open and we barrel towards it, the Grimm’s catching up. Having to run so fast with Ginger on my back, I was scared I’d lose her. Once we reach it I push Ginger into it and close it right away. If I were to have jumped in after her, both of us wouldn’t have made it. I quickly spin around, with the Grimm’s right in front of me. Instead of freezing in horror, my instincts popped in and I start shooting. I shot at them as they slowly stopped coming, with them slashing at my sides and face. Wishing I had some better protection against them and more people to help I finally I shot the last one, right after it slashed a big gash into my side with its ginormous claws. The whole time hearing Ginger’s screams through the metal hatch;

“Travis!!! Travis!!” After the last Grimm that I could see was dead I couldn’t hear Ginger’s screams any more. The adrenaline fading away, I notice I am battered up. I look around me and there must’ve been 20 Grimm’s around me that I had killed. I look around for anyone that could help me. Knowing I am losing a lot of blood. I open the hatch to see Ginger sitting there, her fists bloody from banging the metal hatch. She looks up at me afraid; I take off my hood, for it is too full of blood.

''Travis? Are you ok? '' Ginger asks slowly getting up.

''I'm alright. Are you ok? '' I ask her, clutching my side.

''Yeah, You saved me! '' Ginger said as I helped her out and we walked down the street. After a while I had to sit. Ginger understood I was hurt and laid next to me on the dirt beside the road. Hearing more Grimm's coming we got up and started running to my place knowing it was going to get dark. We finally got there. By the time we got to the mountain, my whole shirt was soaked with blood. Ginger ran ahead and went inside as I slowly walked up to the doorstep, feeling horrible. Then Ginger emerged with Rico at her side. As soon as Rico saw me he couldn’t help himself from laughing.

''Man you are having a bad time here! '' He chuckled and lifted a metal case.

''Don’t worry, first aid expert to your assistance. '' He said still grinning. Rico had me lay on the couch and had Ginger cut my shirt off.

''Careful of the stitches Ginger. '' Rico told her as she cut all the way down my shirt and slipped it off. As she slipped it off, she stared at the scars and few stitches left, and the new gash down my right rib cage.

''I'm ok Ginger. '' I told her as she started tearing up. So I sat up and gave her a hug. Then I had to lie down again so I let her sit on my legs as Rico bandaged me up.

''Did you find Pete? '' I asked.

''Nah, but I'm sure he's alrig…'' Then there was a huge slam as Pete stormed in all red faced.

''Pete!!!!!!'' Ginger said happily as she jumped off my legs to run to him, Pete just ignored her and walked upstairs. Ginger looking hurt walked back with her head hanging.

''He's probably just tired. '' I say to Ginger as she nodded. I look at Rico and give him a look saying ì got this. And I walked on upstairs after him.