Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

When I got to Pete’s room, his music was blaring so I knocked loudly on the door to make sure he heard. His music turned off.

“Go away.” He said a little slurred in a weird way. Then there was a smash as he groaned.

“Pete you ok?” I ask, wondering what he was doing. Then the door flinged open as Pete stumbled out, hanging onto the wall.

“I, zaaaid, Go awaaay!” Pete said angry, slurring his words. Stumbling back inside he flopped on the bed in his room corner. Not looking at me, his face down in the pillow. I look around… Beer cans everywhere. Where did he get those? I walk in his room, careful not to step in the smashed beer cans. I walk around his room. He doesn’t have much, some clothes in a dresser, some pictures, a guitar, a sweet sound system. That was pretty much it other than a few posters and a bed. With me not noticing Pete got up, I turned around to have his right behind me.

“I told yah… I told yah to, to get out!” Pete said with a sick grin on his face, the smell of booze in his breath. I look at him, his shirt soaked in beer, face a bit cut up.

“Pete… why did you do this?” I ask, wondering why he would drink till he got drunk. I look closer at the pictures on his dresser. It shows him with a little girl, her hair blonde like his, maybe around 10 years old. I pick up the picture and hold it up in front of Pete.

“Who is this Pete?” I ask wondering where she is, because I haven’t seen her around. Pete just stared at the picture; he reached for it and just stared at it in his hand. He turned around and sat on the bed. Then tears started to fall, no noise, just tears. I walk over to him and sit next to him.

“Who is she?” I ask Pete again, thinking he forgot I asked.

“Emily.” He said, tears streaming down his face. Pete picks up a bottle and starts chugging. I am afraid he might pass out, but he just grabs another beer and chugs. After his 2nd beer he takes the bottle and flings it against his wall, crying. This time loudly. He just stands there in front of the broken bottle weeping. After he calms down a bit and starts rocking while he is standing, losing his balance I guide him back over to the bed and sit him down.

“Who’s Emily?” I ask, thinking I know the answer. Pete looks at me, then the picture.

“My sister. I couldn’t save her. I tried! It’s not my fault! It wasn’t my fault… It was my fault…” Pete says, starting off angry but then sad.

“What happened to her?” I ask Pete, hoping he would tell me.

“No.” Pete says. Swaying as he sits. Then he pukes on his floor. Once he sits up again he looks as if he is dead.

“What’s no?” I ask; confused with what he is talking about.

“No… Not saying!” He wails. As he cries. Then he’s back on the ground, puking. I leave the room to find Rico with a bucket.

“This is His usual Friday night.” Rico says, handing me the bucket.

“What happened to Emily?” I ask him, hoping he knew.

“Who the heck is Emily?” He asks, probably thinking I’m crazy.

“Never mind.” I say as I rush back in to help Pete. After he lies, clutching the bucket for about half an hour; He is done and sits back up, tear stains down his cheeks and he clutches his stomach. Leaning against the wall he starts to groan.

“You ok Pete?” I ask, worried he might have poisoning from all the alcohol.

“Dead inside.” He replies.

“Emily got trapped… in the house. I was too late.” He says quietly.

“Is Emily your sister?” I ask Pete. He nods his head slowly then passes out.