Chapter 30

Chapter 30:

I couldn’t stop thinking about how I found Emily. But I had to concentrate on the ‘hole’. Ever since I got back from last time, my skin has been burning. I look at my bare arms and they are red and boiling, I ignore it because the rain has been cooling it down.

“What was in the van that took so long?” Axel asked me, with Lance popping his head close grinning, obviously also interested.

“Long story, and we are almost there.” I say, trying to avoid the subject. I can see the Grimm’s getting more and more dense, that means we are almost there.

“Turn here.” I tell the jeep driver and he does. Now I know we are on the right spot, the buildings are all too familiar. Then I see it, the green glowing hole.

“You can drop us off here, thanks.” I tell the jeep driver as he nods and lets us out and drives away in a hurry.

“Wow, a lot more help now.” I say as I see all the soldiers going into the hole and out. Something is wrong with the people coming out… I mean other than the fact they are probably terrified and traumatized. They seem burned. Than a man ran up to me, almost limping as he winced.

“Don’t go in! It burns!” He yelled as he jumped into an infirmary van. Me and Lance and Axel look at each other and burst out laughing, when you are in a crisis, everything is weird; sometimes you just need to lighten the mood.  After we finish laughing, we see the seriousness in the situation. With people coming out, having killed Grimm’s for as long as possible, they have burned skin and clothes. Tumbling out, we all see Clint. We run up to him and he smiles.

“What’s new guys?” He says and we all chuckle, looking at his burnt arms and face and clothes, it was quite the sight.

“So what’s with that?” Axel says, gesturing to all of Clint.

“Oh, in the ‘hole’ there is a substance on the walls; I guess it gives the Grimm’s the ability to have that toxic saliva, because it is like toxic liquid smeared on the walls.” He says pausing.

“SO if you don’t touch the walls, aren’t you fine?” I ask confused because I just got close to the ‘hole’ and my skin was burning.

“Well, not exactly. Somewhere in the ‘hole’ there is a draft. The draft blows the toxin around and you breathe it in. I have to go to the infirmary though because I breathed too much in.” He says as he walked off.

“So if we find where the draft is going in from, and then wash out the ‘hole’ somehow, if that’s possible then the Grimm’s will lose their toxic saliva and then we have taken away a huge advantage!” I say getting excited. Everyone else looks at me with wide eyes. Lance is the first one to speak up.

“That is the most stup-“Lance begins.

“BRILLIANT!” Axel says, grinning, then sees the look on Lances face and looks to the ground, his smile vanishes and then looks back up and shrugs.

“Hey. We got no better ideas, may as well try!” He says defensively, and even though I can tell Lance thinks it is ridiculous, we shrugs and smiles a bit.

“We’ll try, but we need more people on board.” Lance says, then jogs off explaining the plan to people and telling them to spread the word. Me and Axel smile and do the same.