Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

As I sat down to super with the gang, (Sam, Joel, Clint, Milt, Tyrone, Axel, Jett, Maddox and of course, a now nervous Lance) they all talked about tomorrow.

“What’s the big deal about tomorrow?” I ask, biting into a cheesy slice of pizza. All of a sudden I feel all eyes on me as I look up, to see, all eyes on me!

“Tomorrow is the day we fight off, what everyone guesses, is going to be the Grimm’s attempt to finally try and rule Ashsphere!” Sam practically shouts at me as everyone yells in anger towards the Grimm’s.

“Oh.” I say, and take another bite of pizza.

“Oh?” Clint says, mocking me. “All you can say is ‘oh’ when there is a ‘probably last day of our lives party’ tonight? ... and all you can muster is ‘oh’?” He said getting worked up. I mean, I love these guys, they have become family. But sometimes they over exaggerate.

“There’s a party?” I ask, honestly excited for something to do that isn’t totally revolved about Grimm’s and this city. I just want something normal! Is that so much to ask?!?!?! I yelled in my head.

“Yeah! It is in one of the underground tunnels tonight.” Clint said, happy that I finally caught on. Are we allowed outside of ‘base’? I thought to myself.

“Are we allowed outside of base? Aren’t there like security systems keeping us in?” I finally ask.

“Yup, But Maddox here is a master hacker and can hold off the security system long enough for us to leave un-noticed.” Milt said, slapping Maddox on the back, Maddox with a huge proud grin on his face.

“Awesome, so we leave tonight?” I ask, thinking I’ll be on board.

“Yah and you better come, you are the star of the military, legend I say!” Maddox replied. Smiling; while showing pizza in his mouth.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so, am i forgiven for no updates on the week end? i hope so, i have been working hard! i think i'll try to get 1 more chapter up tonight and then 1 tomorrow and then im caught up!

keep smiling guys! :) dont forget to vote or comment

till next time