Chapter 45

Theo's Point of View

"Was the flight okay, you get home safe?"

"Yeah I did, my mom was with me so.." Shailene answers.

"Oh that's good."

"Yeah it is. So um..what are you up to? I'm guessing New York is still cold?"

"Yeah, Kate managed to get me a small part in this independent movie. They're shooting down in Mexico so I'm going for a few weeks." I say.

"That sounds really cool! Hey you're finally going into independent movies! So amazing, you've told me you wanted to do them for so long..."

"Enough about me. How's LA?" I ask.

"Oh god," she laughs. "Well I wouldn't know, I've been here literally two hours? Probably like hot and..hot. Yeah that's pretty much it."

"How are you feeling? I mean what did the doctors say? I mean you talked to them about the whole pregnancy-scare-weird-thing? Right?"

Her tone changes immediately. "Um yeah. It's good...I gotta go. I'll call you...I don't know, sometime. Uh bye."

And then she hangs up.

Well fuck.
---
---
---

My phone dings. I check it immediately.

Okay. Whoa. Was so not expecting this.

From: Ruth K
Hey,
Sorry don't mean to interrupt we just have to sort some things out. Let me know when I can come by. I gotta go to Ireland in three weeks so let me know.
Thanks,
-R

I agree. We didn't leave things in the best situation. I can't keep going on pretending I hate her, a part of me will always love her.

Instead of texting back, I dial her number.

"Hello?" She picks up on the first ring.

"We need to talk."
--
--