Chapter 12

Shailene Point of View

 "Adam's my boyfriend." I explain. Adam reaches out to shake Theo's hand, but Theo declines. He stands with his feet planted firmly on the ground. 

After what feels like forever passes I decide it's been enough. I turn to Adam and smile. He grins back and we both laugh. I can feel Theo staring at us. A flight attendant comes out to greet us and he takes our bags. "Are we ready for takeoff?" he asks. 

I turn to see Theo sitting in one of the seats. He has buckled himself in and he's pulling out his laptop. 

"Is Ruth not coming?" I ask him. He just gives me a look and then turns his laptop on. 

"Wow, alright then." I turn to the flight attendant again and laugh. I'm back to my regualr old self. "I guess we are!"

--

--

--

 Theo Point of View

Adam sits with Shailene on his lap. She has her arms around his neck and she's looking at him in that way. The way that she used to look at me. That look was reserved for me. At least it was before I fucked it all up. 

I try to focus on my emails that I'm answering, but I can't with them sitting just a few inches from me.  He starts kissing her and she lets out a little moan. 

That's it. I can't take it anymore. I slam my laptop shut, making them both jump. I stand up and stomp into the little room, near the bathroom at the back of the jet. 

This is killing me. They dont' even take notice in my depature, and when after ten minutes I peek back at them, they're making out. 

--

--

--

Shailene Point of View

We get off the jet after only after 8 short hours. Or at least it feels short. When security try to get Theo in the same car as me and Adam, he refuses, insisting that he'll get his own ride. He looks at me before the door slams shut, with a look that makes me feel like shit. He's mad at me. 

XXX 

Hey guys. Sorry for how short this is but I have complete writers block and to be honest I'm geting so much hate for this story through private messaging that it's no longer fun for me. I don't think I'll be continuing this. Thanks to everyone who actually took the time to read it. But people keep sending me messages saying I'm being disrespectful to Ruth Kearney in this story. I didn't realise I was! Apologies if I offended anyone.