Chapter 29

Theo Point of View

Everything is dark.

My vision is completely compromised, I can't see anything!

Any attempts to move, send painful jolts down my body.

I hear crying and screaming.

The screaming is horrific and coming from someone right next to me. I know I was in a car and we got hit. But I can't remember who was in the car with me.

Why can't I remember?!

I feel my whole body go rigid when I register that the crying is a childs cry.

Why is there a child here? There were no kids around. There were no kids in the car!

"Agggghhhh!" The screaming intensifies. It's not a scream of pain, it's a scream of shock.

I hear tires screech and a car stops to a hault. I hear a car door opening and slamming closed. I decide to listen to the voices instead.

"Oh my God.." someone says. A male voice. Deep. He's probably in his forties. "Jennifer call 911! Oh my God!"

I can hear his feel walking over something that wont stop making a crunching noise.

It's too quiet apart from the person next to me and the child.

"Matt, they wanna know what happened!" a female voice yells back.

"Umm.." The guys struggles for words. "Tell them, there's two cars. They collided. Umm...a male and female in one, they're both probably dead. They've got two kids in the car, in the back. A baby and a toddler! But..the baby's not moving. It's eyes are open but..I think she's dead too. "

My heart stops.

"Okay I told them." Jennifer screeches back. "What about the kid? And the other car?"

"Hold on." Matt says. He seems out of breath. "Hey darling. What's your name? How old are you?"

Hes talking to the crying child now. I think.

I don't hear what the kid says back.

"Jennifer! Her name's Jules, she's five."

"All right, now go check the other one, the woman won't stop yelling.I think she's hurt."

My memory slowly returns to me. I was coming back to the hotel with Ruth and the driver....and then Shailene came in.

I realise that the woman screaming must be Ruth. I search for her hand with my own. I grab it. She keeps screaming.

I try to talk but I cant. I don't know how that's possible. No words come come out. I can't speak or see.

"Hello? Hey! You're okay." Matt says, to Ruth probably. "Stop screaming you're fine, you're just in shock."

"Matt! What about the other car? They need to know so they can dispatch an ambulance quickly!"

"There's three people." Matt says.

That confuses me. Why three? There were four of us.

"Umm... the woman is fine she's just panicked I think. I mean she has some blood dripping from her head but I think she's okay. A concussion maybe?"

"Okay, I told them. What about the rest?"

"There's a guy holding on to her hand. He's moving but his eyes are closed. Hello? Dude can you open your eyes?"

"Okay is that it?" Jennifer calls out.

I can't say a word. It's frustrating me. What the fuck is he talking about only three people?

"Jen, tell them the drivers DOA. Theres...nothing they can do for him. Tell them to hurry the whole windshields broken in this one. As if someone flew out through it. I mean it must have been the driver but he has his seat belt. So I don't know maybe he flew back in or something."

What about Shailene? Where's she? I desperately try to tell him to look for her, she has to be here! Why isn't he mentioning her?

"Jen tell them to hurry. There's only three survivors. The couple in the back and the kid."

XX I know you all hate me right now! Don't forget to leave a comment!