"Well!" She said, the enthusiasm in her voice rising, "It's a part of a new study going on, it is believed that patients do not communicate fully with their psychologists, we believe that if we pair up two patients with opposing issues that the two will find comfort in the other and the two will speak. Speaking is therapy itself."

I nodded slowly as the words sunk in, "What if I don't like the person that I was partnered with?" I asked with pure curiosity. 

"You don't like me?" He asked with the humor poking out, "I thought we were just getting along."

I shrugged, "I don't know you." I brushed a piece of hair that was tickling my ear away, "I mean, I'm all for this partner stuff, but what if I don't trust him?"

"Sophia, you of all people, we hope this study exercises your ability to begin trusting, we are hoping that this study will open your heart to help you see what lays in front of you now. Sophia, this study was made up whilst thinking of you. Sophia, we care, and we want you to get better."

My heart fluttered at her kind words. My hand swatted away a tear that had fallen, "Thank you." 

**

"How was it?" Anna asked whilst launching the car forward.

I shrugged, "It went better then all the others, today I actually feel like I can begin to progress." I smiled whilst playing with the seat belt slung around me.

"Finally!" She cheered, causing me to smile, "It only took you a few years!" 

I shook my head, "Thanks for ruining the moment." I said chuckling.

She took a breath in quickly, "Sophia, you've never taken my insults as jokes before! What happened in there today?" She asked wildly.

I just smiled, "I saw the light at the end of the tunnel."

She murmured something to herself and clicked on the radio, a soft mellow tune had begun playing, it made me smile when she begun singing the words on the absolutely wrong key,

"Even if the stars and moon collide, I never want you back into my life!
You can take your words and all your lies!
Oh, oh, oh, I really don't care!"

I laughed as she continued, this truly was turning out to be a good day.

About ten minutes later the car stopped and Anna told me to get out. I stumbled out of the vehicle and a familiar scent hit my nostril pallet as I took a breath.

The scent of freshly cut grass, overly posh perfume, the natural air suffocating you with the strong wind blowing. 

I was back at Liam's house.

Ever since I was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder, our conversations held nothing more than a few words. I cannot count how many times I've tripped and fell due to lack of help around this large house. I have countless amounts of bruises building up on my body from tripping while trying to maneuver my way to the bathroom. This house was filled with many corners and steps.

It definitely wasn't handicap proof.

Anna's hand pressed to my shoulder blade as she led me up the concrete stairs to the front door. The button let out a small click as she pressed the bell. I heard the ring from outside of the door.