Chapter 46

I squeezed Newt's hand and he opened the door. We walked in and were in a dark room, windows on both sides. A man lay on the ground, a wound on his hand. Through the window I could see a room more dead people.

'What happened here?' I whispered, it was more retorical but Newt glanced at me and said 'No idea...'

More people entered the room, including Teresa and Chuck. Everyone looked around with horror in their eyes.

Newt and I walked to the other side of the room and opened another door. I saw a room full of computers and I regonized it. I'd dreamed about it. I glanced at Thomas who'd just enter this room, too. I could see it in his eyes. He regonized it, too. I let go of Newt and walked forward, towards the computer. I could see the Glade. It was destroyed, they were watching us, all the time. But not anymore, dead corpses laid everywere.

I could look through the screens to the other side of the room, because it was glass. Newt stood there, and our eyes met. I looked down, and saw a lot of buttons on a touch screen glass board. I pushed on a big red button and a video opened on a big screen. I could see Ava Paige.

I walked forward towards the screen, so did the other boys. Chancellor Paige began talking. It was weird though, you could see black men with guns behind her, through a glass. She was in a different room. She talked about sun flares and about the scorched world. Something about a disease, called the Flare. I didn't understand any of it, and was distracted by the men in black behind here. What the hell was going on? Chancellor Paige ended her story by telling us we were important, whatever that ment. After that she said 'WCKD is good.' She pulled a gun from under her desk, placed it against her head and pulled the trigger.

I looked around and saw her, behind glass. The gun lay behind her and I could see her wound on her head. Blood all around her. It had actually happened. She was dead. I couldn't feel bad about it, though. She had pulled Newt away from me and she had shown me the video of Newt killing himself. She had lied to me, hurt me. She maybe even had driven Newt to suicide herself.

Still, I didn't wish her to die. No one deserves that.

'Rosalie!' Pulled away from my thoughts, I looked around me. Newt stood next to me, his arm around my waist. Chuck stood on the other side of me, next to Thomas. All the other boys stood behind us, Teresa included. That wasn't the weird part, the weird part was that Gally stood there. His eyes were filled with hate and he looked really pale. The worst part was, he was pointing a gun at us. Or at least, at me.