Chapter 27

I took a step back and looked over my shoulder. The Griever that had been chasing us was coming our way, at high speed. Somehow I didn't let the fear control me, I prepared myself for the upcoming fight. My muscles tensed, my hands  balted into fists. Minho was facing the other Griever.

The Griever was really close now, and it jumped over me. I dugged and ran under it, to the other side. I was now standing behind the Griever. I turned around, and saw Minho struggling not to get stung, the other Griever was above him. He tried to crawl backwards, but both Griever were focused on the boy now. Like he'd forgotten all about me. Minho had no chance. I had to help him.

'Hey! Come and catch me!' I yelled, before I could even think about it. Both creatures turned around, facing me. I could hear Minho groan something. I looked at him and saw a wound on his forhead, blood coming out of it. I nodded at him, then I turned around and began running. I could hear the Grievers coming after me, the plan had worked.
I ran and ran and ran, going left, right, I had no idea where I was going. My heart was racing at a extremly high level, and all I thought about was trying to breathe. The Griever sounds were fading and I stopped running, I needed to catch my breath. I leaned forward, my hands on my upper legs. I almost fell over from exhaustion. Then I saw movement in the corner of my eye. I turned around, and saw a Griever again.

I tried to run the other way, but I fell on the ground.
I looked up, a really big needle was coming my way. I tried to crawl forward, feeling really dizzy, but it was to late. I felt a sting in my back and groaned, it hurt me. I tried to turn around but the world faded away.