~Chapter 27~ Story Time and Delta Demoted

(Lacey's POV)

Lucason left shortly after that, I was pacing after the phone call. It was about 1 am when the door burst open. Everyone's head snapped towards the doorway to see Adam standing there. "Great job, mason. Now alpha's furious and..., he's going to punish you." Mason sighed and looked at the ground. "He's so pissed he yelled at literally everything and everyone" Adam said pecking his mate's cheek and hugging her.
"Is Chris still alive?" I asked hopefully, my thoughts told me no, but I still had a bit of hope that said yes.
"I believe he is as of now. But if I was him I wouldn't want to be. I wouldn't even want to be mason or you right now. I spent a 1 hour car ride with a livid alpha. You deal with him, Lacey " Adam stated picking up Maria and running up into his room.
Suddenly, the door slammed open revealing 2 guys - pack members - holding Chris. I gasped, "hey! let him go!" I shouted grabbing at nearest guy's arm. They didn't budge and kept carrying, a beaten up Chris through the house. I would have kept following them but strong arms wrapped around my waist. Pulling me back to there chest, by the feeling I knew it was my mate.
I knew he was furious, it was like the anger radiated off of him. He looked at mason, "My office. Now!" He yelled. I felt his face nuzzle into my neck, he took a big sniff. Inhaling my sent. "Turn around." His deep voice demands into my neck. I didn't move, "it wasn't a question or a statement, Lacey. I'm not in a good mood so just please, turn around." Xavier said in a hard serious tone. Still, I didn't turn around. I just want to see Chris and talk to him! I don't want him to die!! I thought then Xavier growled and turned me around. His eyes softened as he saw my banged up and beaten face. Slowly, his hands creased my bruised face. "Can't you stay out of trouble for once?" He asked softly.
Xavier's softness vanished and was replaced with anger. "He should be dead, I should have clawed his throat open and clawed his eyes out. Trust me I want nothing more then to rip apart his organs." He stated, his eyes black. "But I feel that's too kind, so he will die slowly and painfully." Xavier explained, letting go of me and turning towards his father. "Please, Don't let her near the basement."
his father nodded. "And you" Xavier pointed at me, "go to bed its late, and I'll be there when I'm done."
I rolled my eyes, "no, what are you, my mother? You're not my mother! Therefore I don't listen to you. And you can't tell me what to do." I shouted. "I want to talk to Chris!"
"You can talk to him!" Xavier said surprising me. What?
I hugged Xavier "what? Really?!? Thank you!" I shouted still shocked and surprised.
"You know after he's dead, yeah, I'll let you say a few words." He whispered into my ear, coldly. Before walking off and upstairs, I looked over at Andrew.
"Bye!" I dashed in the direction of the stairs, I had to get to the basement.
Andrews huge hands pulled me back by my shoulders, "I don't think that's a very bright idea, Lacey. You need to come with me."

"Why?"

"Because." He sighed and walked into his room, I followed curiously. Looking around his room, it was pretty modern, it had bright red walls. I cringed at the sight of the walls, I'd always hated red. I heard a chuckle, "don't like them? Yeah me neither. My wife wanted this color, and I didn't have the heart to get rid of it...." His voice trailed off, I nodded and looked at the ground not knowing how to respond.

It was awkwardly abs uncomfortably silent, until I spoke up, "do you miss her?" I asked softly placing my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at me, "of course! I miss her more than anything." Andrew said, "but that's not what I'm here to talk to you about." He stated sitting down.

"What?"

Instead of answering me, he inhaled deeply and exhaled before starting to speak again. "I'm going to tell you a story, please don't interrupt me." I nodded and sat up a bit straighter, getting ready for a story.
"Once upon a time, there was a girl named Cassandra. She was beautiful she had light Carmel brown hair. Her eyes were a mesmerizing forest green. She was just literally like an angel, but she was very stubborn and hard to get. And one day he came." Andrew paused, "her mate, Derek. She couldn't reject him. And she didn't want a mate, Derek wasn't having it. He nearly killed me one day and I ended up in the hospital. His pack hospital, where I met my mate. Karla Daniels." He paused admiration, love showed in his eyes. "Her mother was the real nurse but was sick so Karla took her place as my nurse. I was in a coma those past two days until Karla walked in. I woke up and saw my mate, at first I truly thought she was an angel, and that I was dead. But I was more like alive than ever."
After several moments he continued, "about a year or so later, Kara and I had Xavier." I nodded a bit confused why he stopped. "Cassandra and Drake had Tristan and Elizabeth Connors. Elizabeth Lacey Connors. And I became his beta." He sighed "than there was the attack. Rogues, and hunters came for you and your mom." A growl erupted through his chest. "They killed your mom, dad, and my mate, along with 800 members of our pack. The only reason I survived was because you're brother and you."

Now I was confused, but instead of interrupting I waited for him to continue. "You're father and mother trusted me the most. And they had to fight for the pack, so they gave me your brother and you to get you somewhere safe. I already had Xavier safe, but you're mom needed you safe in case she didn't make it. So I took your brother and you to Canada, to live with humans far away from here. When I got back everyone else was dead, including your mother, father, and my mate.." He finished, and looked away from me. I could tell he was holding back tears, my vision was a bit blurry due to my teary eyes. "So Lacey, you're real name is Elizabeth Lacey Connors, we changed it to try and protect you from the hunters." Andrew explained I gaped at him.

"O-ohhhh." I said, "even if that is my real name, just call me Lacey. That's the name I've known all my life, that's what I'd like to be called." He nodded and looked at me.
"Sure, I know this may be a lot to take in, but I'm sure you'll be fine. You're a tough girl, Lacey." Andrew stated flashing me a warm smile, which I gladly returned.

Suddenly a loud bang was heard from upstairs, causing me to jump and dash up the stairs to the source. Xavier's office. I opened the door to see Mason on the floor and Xavier standing near him. "Now, Get the hell out of my face!" The furious alpha, Xavier, yelled at Mason who was on the floor.

I watched as Mason scurried to his feet and out of the office, avoiding my eyes. My eyebrows furrowed as I walked in the office, closing the door behind me. "Xavier-"

"What do you want, didn't i tell you to go to bed?" He snapped, not even looking at me as he sat down.
I rolled my eyes, "yeah but since when do I ever listen to you?" I said walking up to the desk and snapping my fingers in his face.
A sigh escaped his lips, he finally looked up at me "what, Lacey?" He asked.
"What did you do to Mason, did you punch him?" I asked looking at him.
He nodded, "he's being punished, you'll find out tomorrow. Now, go to bed."
I crossed my arms defiantly, "make me." I challenged causing his lips to curl up into a smirk. He got up and picked me up effortlessly, throwing me over his buff shoulder and caring me to bed.

***

"Lacey! Wake up!" I felt something repeatedly hitting my face, awaking me from my peaceful slumber. When my eyes opened I saw none other than my brother standing there.

"What?" I groaned loudly taking the pillow and putting it over my face.

"There's a pack meeting, Andrew told me to wake you up. Everyone has to come." Tristan explained pulling me out of bed, i groaned and got ready because I knew I wouldn't get out of this.

A lot of people were at the pack meeting, I was with Maria, Adam, and my brother. We all sat in chairs, I looked at Adam, "what's this about?" I asked referring to the meeting.
Adam looked at me and shrugged, "I have no idea. He didn't tell me anything either, and he usually tells me everything. But whatever this is about must be important,  because the whole pack is here." He explained and looked over at my mate as he walked in front of everyone. Xavier was wearing a gray dressy shirt, and nice jeans.

"Good morning everyone." He started, the room became dead silent. "This meeting was called due to recent events. Due to those events some decisions have been made." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he spoke on, "some of you may not be leaving this meeting in the same rank and some of you may not be leaving at all." His voice boomed throughout the room. Everyone's eyes were wide, including mine, Adam's, Maria's, and Tristan's.

"It's been brought to my attention that I've been to lenient with my pack. And that ends now." Xavier said looking around before continuing, "if you mess up you must pay the consequences, right Mason?" Xavier looked over and Mason stepped beside him.

"Yes, alpha." Mason said flatly looking at the ground, Xavier nodded.

"Well than, let's get on with this." Xavier said and held a straight face, "I, Xavier Daniels alpha of the shadow pack, here by demote Mason Lockwood as my delta, to a normal pack member and disconnect him from his position as delta." Xavier finished.