~Chapter 25~ So Many Questions

Warning: contains swearing.

(Lacey's POV)

After that I was sitting on the floor blooded and bruised. I was physically and mentally hurt, but the pain was the worst. But it wasn't normal pain, it hurt like hell, and it wasn't the punches. It was just the fact of Chris being the one who caused it. The fact that my best friend, who helped me through a lot hit me to a point where I'm coughing and spitting up blood. Memories flooded my mind. Memories that were once happy memories are now painful ones.

***

Running. My heart pounding to a beat with my feet. All I knew was I had to run. I had to get out, I had to get away from that monster who hurt me more than once. Looking back to make sure him or any of his 'loyal followers' weren't following me. As I wasn't paying attention I didn't see the stick in front of me. Tripping over it I fell right into a bear trap, my back right leg stuck in the bear tap. 'Shit I'll never get out now'

A whimper of pain escaped my snout. which was followed by whines of pain, hoping that someone -besides the loyals- would help me.

Suddenly the pain was relieved from my leg, loud noises were heard. Looking back, I saw a stranger breaking the trap off my hind leg. It was a guy he was human, or so I thought, I didn't see much of him just the back of his head. He wore a green beanie but had medium dark brown hair. A sigh escaped the strangers mouth as I heard crunching of the grass and leaves signaling the stranger was moving. The stranger went in front of my face, he was handsome. He hand brown hair, green eyes, nice features. A nice jaw line. "What's a wolf like you doing out here? Huh? Did you loose your pack?"

"Yip!" I barked giving a small nod of my head hoping he'd get the answer.
"Is that a yes?" The stranger asked causing me to bark and nod, wagging my tail. "Well why were you running? Hunters? Are they after you?" The guy asked I wagged my tail.

Giving the stranger a nod "yip yip!" I barked as someone grabbed my tail. My head whipped around to see Trent, a loyal follower of the clan. My eyes widened and I tried to bite him, but he yanked my tail and four others grabbed me. Suddenly a loud growl was heard, my head whipped back around to see the guy running towards one of the vampires. And the before the guy could think, handsome stranger clawed his throat open. That's right, clawed. Now mr stranger stood with his claws out, and that's when it hit me. He's like me. A werewolf.

Thump, thump, thump.

Blood soaked the grass near me, as three body's fell to the ground. A snarl was directed towards Trent who stood there with wide eyes. This werewolf was fast, almost like a alpha but he didn't have the powerful Ora so I knew he wasn't.
"Why were you following this wolf?" The stranger spat at Trent holding him by his neck with one hand. And his other, claws were ready to slash Trent's neck open at any moment.

"B-boss, sent me to retrieve the girl...." Trent muttered to the stranger, trying not to be unloyal, trying not to die. And trying to not show weakness to save his pride, or whatever he had left.
"Who is she?" The stranger asked casting a side glance at me but quickly averting his eyes back to Trent.
"Her names Lacey Connors... S-she's t-the gray wolf..." He croaked out, Trent now coughing for air.
"Last question, also your last words. Who are you working for?" The stranger asked Trent. Looking into his eyes dangerously.
"The redwood clan...." Trent coughed out and hissed at the guy. The guy smirked at Trent before clawing his neck open and letting his body fall to the ground. Before grabbing five sticks and staking all the vampires with them.

The stranger, who I guess you could call my savior, turned to me. "Well Lacey, I'm Christopher, but you can call me Chris." My savior said, I nodded, "follow me." He said and started walking. I followed behind my savior, because why not.

We walked about 5 miles to a small brown shed. It was about the size of a grange, Christopher unlocked it with a key and I followed him inside.

I looked around and saw that it was almost like a small house. There was a bed, and a mini fridge. Two baskets full of clothes, and Chris walked over to one basket taking out a shirt and basketball shorts. Before throwing them at me, they landed on the floor directly in front of me. "Hey do me a favor and shift." He said turning his back to me. I shifted and put on the clothes quickly. Looking up at the tall stranger.

"T-t-Thank you, for saving me... And giving me clothes." I said gratefully, thanking my savior who turned around and looked at me.
"Oh it's no problem." Chris said smiling kindly, as he looked at me then moved past me. "Are you thirsty?" He asked, grabbing two waters from the mini fridge. Before holding one out to me. I hesitantly took the water from his hand, which still had blood on it causing me to cringe.
"S -so why are you d doing this?"  I asked and Chris looked at me, "I m m mean helping me t the t trap, and killing those g guys to save me... When you don't even know me?"

Chris just shrugged and walked into the little bathroom that was connected to the grange like shed. "Because I wanted to, and I had this feeling..." He trailed off turning on the water. And looking up in the mirror, looking straight at me through it. "This feeling that you were different, this unexplainable feeling. Something inside just... I knew I had to save you. Now that I saved you I'm going to help you." Chris explained and washed his hands. Suddenly I was pinned to the floor, with a grip holding my wrist. A really strong grip, I gasped as I realized Chris was holding me down.

"Have you ever fought before?" Chris asked looking into my eyes. My eyes were full of shock and surprise.
"n n n no" I stuttered out my answer, I'd never fought or trained because Lucason never let me.
"Okay," Chris got off me and stood up, "punch me." He said bringing his face close to me. I looked at him and shook my head. "punch me, sweetie. I promise it's okay." Chris said closing my small hand into a tiny fist. "Do you know how to punch, sweetheart?" His tone was gentle and sweet.

I blushed at his words and the way he was treating me. I wasn't used to kind treatment, I'm used to harsher treatment. "No." I whisper looking down at my feet.
Chris looked at me, "watch me." He told me softly and I nodded watching him as he walked over to a wall. Chris made a fist, like mine, but bigger. Slowly, he retracted his arm and looked back slightly to make sure I was watching. A loud noise was made as Chris's hand came in contact with the wall. I flinched at the noise, the punch was strong. You could tell just by the noise.

"Now you try," he said walking closer. Until he was finally in front of me, I looked up at him. Chris chuckled and turned my body towards a pillow.
"Punch this." He instructed and I did so, I punched that pillow, and it made a tiny noise. Chris let out a chuckle and sat behind me. "Here let me help you." He said slowly grabbing my arm with his and helping me punch. And I just got better and better from there on.

***

now, I just sat here. Feeling like an idiot, wondering why all this is happening between Chris and I.

He practically saved my life years ago, and I am forever grateful for that. And him as my... Bestfriend. But that's the thing. I don't understand anymore, but I do understand that I can't go back to the house like this. They'll question me, Andrew, and Mason will for sure and-

"Hey! Who's in here." A deep males voice broke me from my thoughts. I saw a light shining and a reflection. Shit, it's a police man. My eyes widened, he must be the security guard or something. I need to get out of here. Quickly I jumped to my feet, and painfully sprinted out of the mall.

'Hurry and well loose him, take that comer, and then shift once out of his sight' star instructioned suddenly in my head.

'Oh now you show up, good timing star' I replied rolling my eyes slightly.

'yeah and sorry about what happened between Chris and you, stay away from him for now'

'Wait- do you know what's up with him?!' I asked.

'No but if I did I wouldn't be aloud to tell you anyways'

I nodded, she was right. Getting around the corner, I shifted into my beautiful soft gray wolf form. And kept running until I reached the house.