Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"What's up?" Vivian asked me when Asia went to the bathroom. I wipe my mouth and nods, lying. I was sad and missed Chris. And I missed the one person I couldn't get to, "I'm good."

She looks at me, giving me a look. "Are you sure?" I nod again, hoping that will stop her from prying. She eats a fry and sits up, "Alright then, tell me, how do you think you did today?" I answer her questions and everyone else's as the group comes back together.

They laugh and comment on my stories as I share things about me that everyone knew. Things that I tell the reporters during an interview. Things I would only discuss with people I was never going to be closely associated with. I smile along and comment when the chance was open, so it seemed like I was interacting. While in my head I was with someone who wanted to know me. That someone who wanted to love me until I screwed it up.

I wave by to them and get in the car. Lamont had offered me a ride, but I declined. My driver tipped his hat at me when I closed the door. "Hey take me to the hotel, and then I'll call you back in thirty minutes." He nods and gets into the New York traffic.

~~~

Will

Standing outside of the airport, my stomach was in knots. It felt like it dropped down to my ass and I couldn't believe I was doing this. I was going to go get Elliot. I look at my phone, checking the time. Deciding to come wasn't easy.

According to the article about the fashion Elliot was in, it was yesterday. Leaving me enough time to pace back in forth about going. I let Cayla and Chris convince me, making a plan to go to his place and stay there until she got home. I packed a bag, got Alex to clear my schedule, and let Chris do the rest.

I waited for him to pick me up and tell me the plan. A black hummer with tinted windows rides up next to me. I look at it weird, until the person rolls down the window. "Why are you still standing there man? Get in." Chris said to me through the window.

He leaned over and opened the door for me. I hop up in the seat and throw my stuff in the back. "How was your flight?" I buckle up, and he backs out. "Good, nervous as shit, but I'm good." Chris laughs. I look over at him. I didn't imagine him being so cool and collected. I didn't imagine him being so open and honest with me, but that's exactly how he was when he told me about Cayla. I heard the honesty in his words and believed that what he felt for my sister was real.

"Elliot is going to be hella surprised when she sees you." He said.

I had drifted off in my own world, that I hadn't heard a thing he said. "What?" He glances at me during a stoplight. "Elliot is going to be surprised. She's not really keen to surprises, but I'm expecting that this will end well. And if it doesn't, my place is still open."

I put my hands on my head, sighing. "I don't even know what I'm going to tell her."

Chris turned into a neighborhood and put in pin-code. "It's easy, man, that you love her and want to be with her." Big houses like mine, are next to each other and we ride past so many before stopping at one at the end of the street. "You live here?" I asked. Chris unbuckles his seat and nods. "Yup, welcome to my humble-abode." I get out of the car and watch him pull it into the huge garage. He gets out of the car and takes my bag. I follow him, going up to the step and entering the house.

His house was very nice, and fit him. There was pictures of him and he had a staircase going upstairs. It reminded me of my home, but fancy. My house had a more comfy feeling towards it, while coming here made me not want to touch anything. "You can pick any room upstairs. My room is the first one, so if you need me, that's where I rest my head." I nodded and picked a room.