Ch. 15: Against the Clock

Comenzar desde el principio

"And what kind of dimension he created?" Sonic asked.

"There's nothing more than chaos in that dimension."

" Sonic. Omega knows the location of Dr. Ladimir's base, he's been there not a long time ago."

"Oh I'm glad to hear that."

"Whatever. We'll try to help the people at the city while you handle that. Now hurry up you two and get to Dr. Ladimir's base before it's too late!" Shadow said in a hard manner.

"Okay okay. Omega, lead the way please." Sonic said.

"Setting course to Dr. Ladimir's base of operations."

Sonic and Omega left the others; their friends were waving at them and saying goodbye. After a while, they went quickly back to Station Square to help the others while evading the meteors and fireballs.

***********

(Author)

Sonic and Omega were been as quick as possible to get to Dr. Ladimir's base of operations in no time. They were having a tough time evading the meteors and fireballs falling from the portal in space, and the road wasn't easy to pass anymore since the meteors made many cracks in their way. They had to climb downward and upward in some places in order to keep going.

It was already late at night, and the portal was still open. Sonic and Omega had 1:00 hour to reach Dr. Ladimir's base and stop his attack on Earth. After passing through many obstacles, they finally got to his Base of operations. It was still covered by the big force field. Thanks to this, the meteors and fireballs couldn't fall straight to the base; they instead were been pushed back.

"We finally made it to our destination" Omega said.

"This is it? Sonic replied. "Uugh, but it's been protected by a force field. How are we going to enter?"

"Scanning the whole area for any alternate route" Omega said. "Alternate route confirmed. A secret passage leading straight to the base's underground has been discovered toward us."

"Good job Omega! Now let's go quickly and with caution."

"Danger ahead!"

Omega grabbed Sonic and jumped forward to avoid a fireball going straight at them. They successfully avoid it; after that, they kept going straight to the alternate route. The doors could been opened easily without any kind of key or code. Omega opened the door and let Sonic passed first, followed by Omega itself.

Once they entered, they just saw a single and large hallway. Sonic dashed through the hallway, but he was doing it slowly too since Omega couldn't move as fast as Sonic; Omega was using his propellers on his back to move as fast as it could. Finally, they made it to the end of the hallway and saw a ladder toward them. Sonic climbed the ladder, followed by Omega; the ladder was a little large, but they finally made it to the surface.

"Sonic! You managed to escape from the dimensional world, and got here? I never thought that I would say this, but you're really amazing." Eggman said and... Confessed.

"Eggman! Did Dr. Ladimir put you in here? Sonic asked.

"Yes, and now he's in his lair preparing a weapon where he put the Chaos Emeralds along with the Emerald of Dimensions."

"Dr. Ladimir has already used the weapon to open a gigantic portal in space, and now he's bringing it straight to us." Omega said.

"And that's not all, meteors and fireballs started to fall from it too." Sonic said.

"Oh no. We are too late then. The portal will consume us at any moment, and by that time, is going to be our end."

"There's only 50 minutes left before it comes to Earth. There's still an opportunity to stop it before it comes." Omega replied.