Ch. 10: The Mystic Palace

(Author)

The night has arrived, and everyone at Station Square where preparing to sleep. Each survivor got to their corresponding shelters, including Tails, Shadow, Rouge, Silver, and Cream. They weren't necessarily survivors, but there was no place to stay anyway. Blaze was injured after the city's second attack, so she have to stay in a right place where she could get medical attention. Also, Amy wasn't with them since she was kidnapped. While they were going to they're corresponding shelter, they saw Knuckles running straight at them.

"Hey, isn't that Knuckles? Tails wondered.

"Hey guys, Is me, Knuckles! Knuckles said on the distance.

"There's your answer Tails" Silver replied.

"I'm so glad that you guys are-- " He was interrupted when Rouge got to him very angry.

"Where were you!? We had to break our necks to prevent another of Dr. Ladimir's attacks and you were lost in who knows where."

"The city was attacked again?" Knuckles asked amazed. Rouge was getting red and more angry when Knuckles said that.

"All right, All right, calm down, both of you" Shadow said. How about if we get inside and talk about this in a orderly manner?"

Everyone nodded at Shadow. They went inside their shelter, and they found good places to sat, and they begin to talk.

"Now that we are here all together, I would like to ask Knuckles: What were you doing?" Shadow asked.

"Well, believe me, if I didn't had any reasons to leave, then I wouldn't leave you guys."

"And those reasons are...?" Rouge said while glaring at him.

"I had to help Sonic on a important task."

"Wait, you were with Sonic?" Tails asked.

"Yes, yes I was."

"Oh, thank goodness that he's all right" Cream said.

"Hold on, if you really was with him, then did you saw--"

"Yes Shadow, Eggman is with him" Knuckles replied, interrupting Shadow. Everyone shocked.

"So it was true" Silver said. "Sonic united with Eggman."

"Yes" Knuckles replied.

"But why?" Shadow wondered.

"Well, apparently, Eggman knew this so called Dr. Ladimir and that he actually knows about his plans for the world." Knuckles replied.

"Wait, Dr. Eggman knows this guy you said? Rouge asked. Wow, who could have expect that?"

"Yeah, I was also impressed" Knuckles replied. "Anyway, Eggman told us that Dr Ladimir is using the Chaos Emeralds to find another Emerald hidden somewhere in Mystic Ruins."

"Another Emerald!? That's impossible!" Shadow said impressed. "So there's an eight Chaos Emerald."

"Hold on Shadow" Knuckles said. "This Emerald isn't compatible with the others seven Chaos emeralds; this works differently."

" Then what it does? I mean, I don't know any other power besides the ones within the Master emerald and the Chaos emeralds" Rouge said.

" Well, this Emerald is called the Emerald of Dimensions, and it holds a power that can create and open a portal to another world."

"Another world?" Tails said.

"Yes, but it doesn't necessarily leads you to a world located somewhere in the universe; since the Emerald of Dimensions is also a wish granting item, it can open a world wished and created by it's bearer."