Ch. 12: Beyond Dimensions

(Author)

Sonic found himself in a strange room after passing through the big doors. He saw eight pillars in it: one on the middle and seven surrounding it. Sonic was wandering around the room, curious about the pillars and looking for Eggman at all places. Suddenly, a weird sound came from above the pillars, and a ship was descending. It was the same ship that Dr. Ladimir used to escape after his defeat on their first battle. Ladimir's ship was holding some kind of case with it; Sonic was wondering if there was something in it.

"I see that you're still getting in my way Hedgehog" Dr. Ladimir said.

"What were you expecting? You must already know that I'm Sonic the Hedgehog."

"Oh I do know that completely; Sonic, the most annoying hedgehog of the world. Now I see the reason that Dr. Eggman hates you."

"Awww, are you still upset about the first beating you received from me? You're just like him, so it doesn't surprise me that you ended up losing like him."

" Don't compare me with that insignificant and treacherous scientist! And speaking of him..."

Suddenly, a robotic hand came out of Dr. Ladimir's ship, and it opened the big case located from behind. The robotic hand took something out of it; it was Dr. Eggman.

"S-Sonic!?"

"Eggman! Hey, put him down right now."

"And what are you going to do if I deny to do it? Besides, are you sure that he's the one that needs to be saved?"

Sonic got confused; he didn't have any idea of what Ladimir was talking about. Another robotic hand came out of Ladimir's ship and grabbed another thing from the case.

"AMY! Sonic shouted it.

"SONIC! Oh I'm glad you're okay!

"Oh, that's very cute" Ladimir said mockingly. Now Sonic, something is telling me that you have something that I really, really want. So how about if we make a deal? If you put the Emerald of Dimensions in the pillar that's on the middle of the other seven pillars, then I'll let go this so-called scientist and your little friend."

"Don't do it Sonic! If you let the Emerald in his power, it's the end of everything!" Eggman said desperately.

Sonic was trying to decide what to do: if he refuses to give him the Emerald, then Eggman and Amy could get hurt, and if he put the emerald on the middle pillar just like Ladimir told him, the world would be in grave danger. Sonic's value of friendship was very important for him, so he decided to do what Dr. Ladimir told him. He got the Emerald of Dimensions in his hands and started walking toward the pillar in the middle to put it on.

"Wait Sonic, don't do it!" Eggman shouted him.

Sonic didn't heard his words and kept going to the pillar. All the pillars weren't all working; each pillar needed an emerald on it in order to start working again. Sonic placed the Emerald of Dimensions in it's corresponding pillar, and it started to tremble. Then, the pillar started to ascend; it reached a significant level of the room.

"Thanks my little Hedgehog. Now it's time to put the remaining ones" Dr. Ladimir said.

Sonic, Amy and Eggman knew that he was talking about the seven Chaos Emeralds that he was holding since his attack in Station Square. Dr. Ladimir took the Emeralds out of the case, and they started to float directly to the pillars: one on each one. Each pillar started to tremble, and they ascended too after a while. All the pillars were in position to do they're work; Sonic was wondering what they could do.