Chapter 23

--Olly's POV--

"Mr. Murs?" A stage hand asked as I entered the small venue. I nodded and the worker handed me a small key attached to a string. "Dressing room is down the hall to your right." He said, and walked off behind me to give Sarah the band's dressing room key, the band can't be trusted with those things. They'd either drop it, or swing it around like it's nothing.

I did what the man told me to do and walked down the hall to my right. In big bold print on a small paper hanging from the door was "Oliver Murs." Sometimes I wish they'd start calling me Olly..

I jiggled the key around in the door handle before it finally opened. I left the door open slightly, just in case anyone wanted to come in. I walked down the tiny hallway and into a medium sized room with a couch, TV, small kitchen, and bathroom. On the coffee table was a few magazines, newspapers, and various food trays. Next to the food trays was about a dozen water bottles and a few energy drinks. I walked past the main room and into a small bathroom. Inside there was the basic needs, like shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels, cologne and aftershave, razors, and hair combs. After looking at everything, I walked back out into the main room and sat back down on the couch.

I heard a tiny knock on the door and a few seconds later Rupert walked in. "Hey mate, what's up?" He closed the door behind him and walked over to the couch, picking up a strawberry and tossing it in his mouth. "Nothing really, just thinking." I responded, taking a berry off of the tray and biting into it. It tasted sour, but sweet. I couldn't even identify it.

"How's Skylar?" Rupert asked, changing the subject. "Great, I guess. I haven't talked to her since yesterday morning. Her birthday is in two days, though." I sat back on the couch, put my hands behind my head and rested my feet on the table. "Oh, really? What are you gonna get her?" He took another strawberry off of the tray and ate it. "I'm not sure." I said. "Well, I have an idea." He wiped his mouth, then turned slightly to face me. "No, we are not going with your ideas! The last time I did I almost chucked a rock at Skylar's window." I yelled. "This time its different." He chuckled. "How is it different?" I laughed.

"Moving on.." Rupert opened his mouth to say something, but there was a knock on the door. I shot up from the couch to open it. When I opened it, I saw a different worker at the door. "You're on in 15, Oliver." She said. I nodded, then she ran off to tell the band to get down at the stage in 10. They always go on before me. You know, to get the crowd warmed up and stuff.

"What I was going to say was, maybe you could record a video of the crowd tonight saying happy birthday or something and you could send it in two days." Rupert got up from the couch and stood next to me in the hallway. "You can thank me later." He patted my shoulder before opening the door. "I might just do that." I called to Rupert as he was closing the door. I walked over to the coffee table and grabbed a few waters. I've learned to bring a few extras, because someone always forgets theirs. I walked out of the dressing room, making sure to lock the door behind me, then made my way down the corridor. As I was walking, I saw Sarah. "Hey, Sarah." I waved, and she passed me a earpiece. She helped me put it on correctly, then told me which way the stage was.

She hasn't been in a socializing mood lately. I wouldn't blame her. She's pregnant, homesick, and missing her boyfriend.

After I got to the little hallway that leads to the entrance of the stage, where I would come in at, I chatted with the people around me while I waited for my cue to come out.

About 4 minutes later, I got called to come onstage. So I came onstage and immediately started my first song.

==========

It was about 5 songs in to the 7 song setlist. So I decided now would be a good time to make the short video for Skylar. I looked over to Rupert, and he gave me a thumbs up which I returned.

"Alright, so I'm sure you've all read the papers or seen the articles." I started, and the crowd started cheering for a few moments. "I just want to say.. that it is true. I am in a relationship." After I said that, the crowd went absolute mad. It was quite enjoyable to watch, really. But I knew I had to calm them down. "Alright, alright. Calm down now." I laughed. "Her name is Skylar. And it's her birthday in a few days." The crowed cheered again, but stopped after a few seconds. "I thought, since we're in different continents, I can record a quick video of you guys saying happy birthday. Is that alright?" I asked, and of course, the crowd cheered. I did see a few disappointed people, but what can I say? I can't please everyone.

I walked over to Rupert, and he took out his iPhone. "Alright, bear with me here. I can't work an iPhone even if my life depended on it." I chuckled, then opened up the camera app and set it on video. I took the microphone that I was holding in my hand and set it on the stand. "I'll give you a few moments." I said, before holding out the phone in front of me.

After the crowd calmed down and they seemed ready, I started recording.

"Hiiiii, Skylar!" I smiled probably the biggest smile I could form. "As you can see, I'm on stage." I turned the camera slightly so I could record the band for a few moments. "Since its your birthday, and we're in different continents.. I thought this would be a great idea." I paused for a moment, then looked at the crowd. I faced the camera to the crowd. I mouthed 'go' at the crowd, and they all erupted in 'happy birthday's. A few minutes later, I turned the camera back to face me. "I hope you enjoyed your birthday, and the little message. I love you... Happy birthday!" I said before turning the camera off and handing the phone back to Rupert. I mouthed 'thank you' to Rupert, and he just smiled.

"Thank you, that was amazing!" I picked up the microphone from the stand, and continued to sing the rest of the songs on the setlist.