Secrets *Chapter 19*

Start from the beginning

"You" I said, touching her nose.

Her brow furrows and she asks, "What did I do?"

"You made some noises when I kissed you in your sleep" I said with a smirk.

Her eyes open wide. "What kind of noises?"

"Happy ones" I said, laughing.

She shakes her head and sits up.

"So how was your stealing spree?" I asked her.

"Good." She smiles and kisses me. "I saw you moved your clothes around to make room for me. Thank you." She kisses me again.

"You're welcome my little girl in distress." I smile and kiss her with longing. I move onto the couch and pull her onto my lap without breaking the kiss.

I feel her smile and I ask for entrance. She opens her mouth slightly and our tongues move together.

I pull away from her slightly and trail kisses down her neck.

She laughs and says, "I love you Jace."

I pull away from her neck and smile. "I love you too Ever....." I look down and then back up at her. I don't want to have to tell her this, but it's time she knows. "Ever?"

"Yeah?" She looks back at me, worried.

"I need to tell you something that I should have told you a while ago. I was too embarrassed before, but I think you'll understand. Just please, don't hate me" I said, worried. I can't believe I'm telling her this. It's my deepest, darkest secret. I've only told Hatz about it.

"What is it?" she asked.

I sigh and kiss her quickly. "When I was living with those rich people.... They did more then beat me. They also forced me to do things that I didn't want to." I look into her eyes as I get ready to tell her my secret.

"What did they force you to do?" she asked quietly.

I close my eyes and say quietly, "They forced me to... have sex with their niece."

"What? Why?" she asked.

I open my eyes and see her looking at me. She looks really upset.

"Well they didn't really force me to do that. They told me to listen to her and do whatever she wants. She said if I didn't have sex with her she would tell her aunt and uncle that I wouldn't listen and they would beat me. I was terrified so I had sex with her... We did it without protection. She got pregnant."

Ever gasps and takes my hand in hers.

I take a deep breath and explain more. "She told her parents and aunt and uncle I raped her. They beat the shit out of me until I was almost dead. That was when I left.... About a year later, she found me. She's friends with Scarlet. She said she had the kid and it was a boy.... Aparently he looks just like me...."

"Did you ever see him?" she asked quietly.

I shake my head no. "She wouldn't let me. Then she got my number from Scarlet and called me a month ago. She said she didn't want him anymore. I said he was her responsibility, not mine. So she said she was going to tell him to get lost. I told her to give him my number. After all he is my kid.... He never called me and neither did she." I look down again and it's silent for a while.

"Do you have this chick's number?" Ever asked.

I nod and look up confused.

"You should call her. Tell her that you want to know how your kid is doing" she said.

"You're not mad? You don't care?" I asked, confused and surprised.

She smiles a little and says, "How can I be mad? It wasn't your fault. And I think you should be involved with your kid... Does he have a name?"

I nod. "Chris. Chris Collins."

She smiles. "You want me to get you the phone?" she asked.

I nod and she gets up. She comes back with the phone. "Thanks" I said.

She nods and I dial the number. "Hello?" she answered.

I sigh. "Sarah. It's Jace."

"What the hell do you want?" she asked.

"How is Chris?" I asked her.

"Fine" she said tightly.

"How old is he now?" I asked.

"Don't know" she replied.

I sigh. "Can I talk to him?" I asked.

"How about no?"

"Damn it Sarah! He's my son!" I yelled.

"Then you take him because I don't want him!" she yelled back.

"Fine! Bring him and his stuff to the gas station on 5th street" I told her.

"Thank God you're finally taking him!" she said, laughing. Then she hangs up.

"Will David let you keep him here?" Ever asked after a while.

I nod. "David seems to be cool with me again. And thanks to Scarlet, he knows about Chris" I told her.

"Okay. Let's get going then" she said, getting up.

"You're coming?" I asked her.

She smiles and nods.

"Thanks my little girl" I said quietly.

"You're welcome Babe" she said.

I smile as she calls me babe. I love it. I get up and go with her to the door.

"Are you going to tell David before we go?" Ever asked.

"I guess that would be a good idea." I take her hand and we start up to David's room.

Sorry it took me a while guys. I've been having some problems with some guys (what's new?). So please vote and comment. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks.