Affected

Weeks later...

After I found out that Levi was my father we hadn't spoke for days,we didn't even make eye contact.

I just, couldn't.

I didn't eat anything or drink anything. I couldn't sleep at night either.

I just, couldn't.

That's when not sleeping, eating or drinking started to affect me. I guess it was going to happen though right?

I realised that Levi was leaving the bedroom to go to work at 4am so that he could avoid being around when it's time for me to wake up.

I don't blame him I guess.

He'd Leave my share of food on the tray for me but I left it. I threw it in the bin to make it look like I had ate it but I guess I knew that he would find out that I was throwing it away sooner or later.

That's when he found out...

I got up the next morning at the usual time to get ready to leave before 5am. and found Levi sat on the bed looking, worried?

I sat up and was going to get off the bed to get ready when Levi said:

'You haven't been eating, have you?'

I looked at him confused for a second and then looked away.

'I guess you saw the food in the bin then?'

I got up and was going to start getting ready when he said:

'You look like you've lost alot of weight and you look pale. It's not just your eating is it?'

I turned around and in a second I was against the wall.

He looked me straight in the eyes and I just looked away.

'Mei, you haven't been sleeping either, I know you were awake when I used to leave the room earlier then usual.'

I looked at levi and he had the same face as the time I found out that he was my father, and so I looked away again and kept my eyes on the floor.

'Mei, I think it's about time I told you about what happened before you were born.'

With that he let me go and I stared at him blankly.

'Before I was born?'

...